Chapter Two- Monster

Previously: 

  "Since when have we ever had a choice in what business we are apart of Athenodora, especially you?" Sulpicia turned slowly towards Athen who by now had turned away from her and was messing with countless dresses nearby. Sulpicia was remarking to the fact of how Athen had helped build The Volturi, although she never took a seat on either of the thrones. Sulpicia wondered if the men forgot about this detail? Surely, they should include her more, but yet they never did.

  "Since we stopped being noticed, Sulpicia." Athenodora said in a in a simple tone. It caused Sulpicia to slightly tense, a frown crossing over her features at this. Had they really stopped being noticed? Had the past six months only been the means of causing Sulpicia distraction from what she was trying to ignore?

  "My husband is still changing.. isn't he?" Sulpicia finally asked in a quiet voice. Although she was unsure who she was really asking, Athenodora or herself.

  "Both of our husbands are, Sulpicia. I suggest.. you choose to see it." 

__________________________________________________________________________

  Now..

  Chapter Two- Monster

__________________________________________________________________________

  Sulpicia was not one to simply over look comments made about her husband. But yet, Athenodora did not just speak of Sulpicia's husband, but of her own. This frustrated Sulpicia, she didn't want to admit that they were changing, especially Aro. But what else could she do? She had been sitting in denial for six long months since the hybrid had left them. 

  It wasn't just for the fact that Cera's presence had caused a noticeable tension and unspoken chaos, it was the fact that it was showing more of how Aro could not control or contain himself. It didn't start with Cera and it wouldn't end with her. In fact, it had started even before Alice Cullen.

  There was a time when Aro was searching for new members that The Volturi could gain easily, either by asking or of course, by force. It was during this time that Aro found Heidi in her coven, her coven was not large nor was it causing trouble in exposure. The woman, Hilda, who created her coven and the women that belonged to it, taught them well. 

  Hilda created four of the women, if there had been more they were not among them. Most of the women had one thing in common with one another, they lead horrific lifestyles but not by choice. Noela, was a young woman, recently turned when The Volturi came to her home. As a newborn, she had to control herself fast in order to learn that attention was not something that they wanted to gain. It confused her why these people, these vampires came to her home.

  The next of the coven women was a simple, yet sweet woman named Mary. There was not much known of her aside from her having lived happily along with her coven for many years, welcoming the recently turned newborn into her home with open arms. Most of the vampires that Hilda turned were out of pity for their lifestyles or situations that they could not escape from, it was something that almost made Hilda seem as though she was some kind of 'Mother' to them, although she never would claim such a title. 

  The last two of her coven... were sisters. Now, Hilda did not change both sisters, oh no. The older sister never had proper education, she never had a chance for a proper life of a young woman to which her Father should have provided for her and her little sister. But for her being the first illegitimate child between her Mother and Father, whom were Maid and Master, she never stood such a chance. And when her sister was born? She knew, there would be no chances for either of them in this world. Especially with how easily their Father denied them.