My District Partner - A Beetee Story

Beetee ducked his head beneeth the bushy shrubery. He held his breath so no one could hear him and trace him to the spot. He could hear footsteps coming towards him, quick and light, as though the person was running. A heavier, louder noise closely followed, pounding so hard they could've left dents in the soft grass. With his hands, Beetee made a slight opening in the leaves so he could just see into the clearing without people being able to see in. A tassle of blonde hair, tied back in a ponytail was the first this to catch his attention. He followed his gaze to the face of the girl, he could just make out the the curve of her jaw, her tiny button nose with a slight upturn and her bright green eyes that met his for one spine-chilling second before she turned away. He recognised her immedietly. The tribute girl from district 3, the girl who lived just 4 streets away from him his whole life. Luicen, just 14 years old stood facing a hulking boy of around 18 years old, with blood dripping down his forehead and a gaping whole just above his right ear. In his hand he held a mace with vibrant red blood dripping off the spikes. The boy took one last look at Luicen before raising the mace high above his head and bringing it down with all his might to the center of her skull. The impact knocked Lucien to the ground. In a last cry of help she glanced to Beetee but just as he tried to shake himself out of shock to run to her, her eyes fluttered once more before settling closed for the rest of time. Beetee's heart sank as he stumbled backwards. The last look from Lucien had garenteed one thing for him, he could never look someone in the eye knowing that he was about to murder them with his hands. His tactics after that were simple, never kill from anywhere near them, hide away, use your wits, but never use your hands or a weapen you're holding to kill someone.