Chapter 2

I snapped my eyes shut and breathed in and then repeated the process two more times

          I snapped my eyes shut and breathed in and then repeated the process two more times. Wren and I had met up after my fourth period class by his locker so that we could walk to class together. 

       "What are you doing?" Someone asked and a shadow of a large object jetted across my closed eyelids.  "I'm meditating." I said in a duh tone.

          "Why?" Wren asked.

           I opened my eyes slowly and glared at Wren, "Because I need to think."

          "Well, think when you're eating. Hurry up, I'm hungry." He pulled at my hand and hauled me up. I slung my arm over his shoulder and he did the same.

          "Did you see that new—"

          "Teacher? Yes, I did." I groaned. "Why is everyone obsessing over him?"

           "I heard he has the 'sexiest' black hair."

            "Black hair?" I asked as Wren pushed open the lunchroom door.

            "Yeah. What else here would he have? Girls, dig dark hair dudes--there's a study that shows it." 

           "No there isn't." I objected and dodged two boys to busy looking at their Nintendo's to care about life.

            "There is. Brown hair is more familiar to most women so they gravitate to men with darker hair."

            " Well, this sub had blonde hair."

            "All I know is that they have some sub with black hair." He said and stopped in front of Kimberly. "What's up, Kimbo?"

            Kimberly looked at Wren then to me. Her eyes narrowed and her eyebrow shot up in the air. "Hi, Wren. I need to speak to Charity, alone."

            "Okie-dokie. See you later, Char." Wren took his arm off my shoulder and backed away.

           "I don't get how you like him and you're so rude to him." I whispered as Wren walked over to a badminton teammate. 

          "The key of gaining a guys' affection is to act like a bitch. I creates tension, duh." Kim rolled her eyes and dropped her bag at our usual table. I laughed as pulled my I.D. card out of the top compartment of my bag. Everyone knows that is the most third-gradish-shit logic in the world.  "Anyway, I was wrong. Mr. M's replacement is hot, but  there is another sub and he's so much hotter." 

             I rolled my eyes at Kimberly's school girl antics and walked with her onto the lunch line. "There was one with blonde hair, he was such a okay. But the sub is a brown fox! I think I developed a thing for older guys now, because of him." Kimberly continued to rant and we moved up in the line. "I'm making it my mission to seduce him."