Five years later

Snow blanketed the street as more fell from the sky. Fairy lights decorated the city along with other various Christmas decorations, a Christmas tree standing tall and proud in the middle of the street.

Danica walked through these streets, smiling widely as greeted everyone she passed. Christmas has always been her favourite time of year but ever since she saved the world on Christmas day only five years prior, the holiday had always been ten times better.

"Morning, Miss Evans," Dan chirped as she entered a coffee shop on the street. She was a regular customer at the café, entering at nine o'clock every morning and staying until eleven so she could finish her reports.

"Good morning, darling, should I prepare a latte for you?" The lady at the counter questioned as she smiled back at the girl.

"Nah, not today. I'm feeling a bit adventurous," she explained, taking a seat at her regular table. She pulled out her laptop as well as a notebook and pen. "I'll go for an espresso."

"And anything to eat?" Danica sighed, looking up at the woman.

"You know how tempting that question is, Miss Evans."

"As it's Christmas, it will be free," the coffee shop owner mentioned, grinning widely at the girl. "It's the only way I can thank you for what you did for us all years back."

"Oh, stop flattering me, Miss Evans. I didn't do it on my own anyway, I couldn't possibly take all the credit."

"Ah, right," she sighed, nodding understandingly. "What was the boy's name again?"

"Jisung," Dan replied with a soft exhale.

"Oh, I remember...what happened to that fella? I haven't seen him in years," Miss Evans responded, emphasising the word 'years'. Danny sighed, placing her head on her palm staring out of the window as she recalled the last time she saw him.

"Indeed," she hummed quietly, "it has a been years."

Flashback

It wasn't long after they had saved the world when the duo found themselves in a nearby city together.

"I used to live here," Dan hummed as she noticed all of the houses standing up again, as if everything that had happened was just some twisted dream. As if nothing happened at all. That was when she remembered Aarialla's words, 'Everything goes back to normal'.

"I lived in those forests over there," he pointed to the horizon at a bundle of trees. "Well...at least that was where my dad lived. Since everything went back to normal, my underground base doesn't exist anymore."

"That's sad...how about we build a base in my back garden? I mean, it won't be that extravagant but at least you'd have somewhere to stay."

"Nah, it's fine. I coped with all of this, I can cope with my dad again," he uttered, staring at the horizon. "Though, I bet I'll miss the days he was dead."

"Jisung!" Dan scolded playfully, slapping his arm before she finally saw her old house. "Do you at least want to hang out at my place?"

"How about we go on a walk, huh? I haven't seen this place in years, can barely remember it before the alien invasion."

"Yeah, same...but what happens now? You let the Emperor go, what if he causes trouble again?"

"He won't," Jisung answered calmly. "The elder ancestors will deal with him."

"I hope so," Danny huffed as they approached a busy street.

Suddenly, a hand covered her eyes from behind. Danica scoffed as she pulled the hand away, turning around to see Chris grinning at her.