Chapter Five

I arrived at school feeling much better. Thank god. I got to school and Brittany immediately found me. 

"Why weren't you here in the afternoon yesterday?" she questioned.

"Sorry, I forgot to text you, but I threw up all over Val's backpack in english class."

"Ooh, embarassing!" she said laughing and I shoved her shoulder gently.

"What did you eat?" she asked.

"I don't know but I hope it was a one time thing."

I went to my locker and got all of my books for english class and our last class to work on our project before it was due the next day. 

I walked into class and Val was already frantically working. I was stressed because we weren't close to finishing it by tomorrow. I didn't even say anything to Val I just pulled out my laptop and started working. We worked the whole time typing away. All we had to do was put it on the poster board.

"Val, we need to work on this tonight, are you free," I said frantically right before the bell rang.

"Yeah, you can come over to my house to work on it."

"Are you sure I don't want to invade," I asked shyly. 

"Yeah, it is fine." he said before turning around and leaving the classroom.

I sat next to Brittany at lunch. She was already eating by the time I got down there.

"Hey," I told her.

"Hi," she said, "Can you come over to my house tonight I am going to fail the science test and I know you are really good at science so could you help me."

I hesitated because if I told her where I was going she would tease me about because her and I both know that no one. Ever. Has ever been to Val Chmerkovskiy's house. But then again, she is my best friend and would probably find out eventually anyway.

"I-uh am going to Val's house to finish our project." I said taking a sip of my iced tea.

Her eyes widened.

"Really, you have to tell me all the details tomorrow because I am so curious of what his house is like. I wonder if it is as dark and mysterious as he is." she wondered and I had to hold back a laugh.

If only she had seen what I saw yesterday when I gave him his backpack. All the things with his sister and all.

-----------------

I had seen Artem through the halls. Not everyday because apparently he had been skipping school a lot recently. We would always share a glance, but we would never actually say anything to each other and quite frankly, I didn't have anything to say to him.

The way he used me like a toy, then came to my house drunk and yelled at me, how could someone ever forgive that.

He made me want to just punch something. He made me want to scream. He made me want to cry. He made me want to laugh at how stupid he was.

Why do girls always fall for him? He may be cool and popular but he is a dick and doesn't deserve anyone's time.

---------------------

When I got home, I did all of my homework except for the project obviously. When I finished all of that, I told my mom where I was going and headed to Val's house. I was a bit nervous, I may have been close to his house before but I had never been inside it. Maybe he was trying to kill me?

I knocked on the door and he answered after a few knocks, he had a crying Bella on his hip.

"Sorry," he mouthed looking at me before trying to calm Bella down.