Chapter 4

One week had passed with a sickening slowness .

In fact, the band had a bunch of stuff keeping them busy. They were making music, playing at Whisky A Go Go on the Sunset Strip and irregularly earned a small amount of money to eat. So literally they were busy but Izzy had felt a deadly slowness since Axl's zeal had followed after him like a zombie in the cheap horror movies which Slash recently got engrossed in.

One of the band's friends, West Arkeen, stopped by Hell House at night. He didn't recognize that anything changed. However, the next night when another friend, Del James, working as a writer came in their place, things were awfully different from what Izzy anticipated.

All people were sitting on the couch or on the floor. Four of them - Slash, Duff, Steven and Del said something in their way, all drunk, not caring gaps in their conversations. Drunkard remarks are incoherent as it happens all the time. Fortunately, Axl nibbled his beer on the floor without looking up at Izzy who sat on the couch, and not saying anything so that Axl wasn't Izzy's big pain in the ass this very moment. Izzy seriously considered inviting people here more often.

When the lead guitarist stood up to make his way to the kitchen, his curly hair bounced, the bassist and the drummer followed him as if the dogs had run after their owner with their tails wagging. If their blond hair was fluffy enough, it might bounce either. Izzy could assume that they would have another drink under a starry sky. As expected, he heard a sound of the glass bottles hitting each other and a creak when the front door was opened.

A stillness reigned around the rest. Izzy recognized a white lace curtain in the kitchen out of the corner of his eye and felt a jasmine scent offending his nose. The curtain gently fluttered with the summer breeze. Nevertheless his heart usually appreciated that something beautiful was beautiful, but the movement was just an eyesore. What was more, not only the scent was annoying but also it reminded him of when he had freaked out, he especially felt the trail of the hot sweat which had run down his skin on that night.

Izzy muttered. "Fuck, I wanna burn all the jasmine trees next door."

Axl batted the thick eyelashes two or three times innocently, throwing a glance at the direction of their bedroom instead of asking about the low murmur which had broken from the guitarist's lips. He obviously wanted to be alone with Izzy, or wanted to try the kiss, or maybe wanted to talk about...Damn it, there wasn't a tad of difference in them! Frustrated, Izzy turned his face to the opposite side to finish an eye-conversation.

Del was doing very well in his way as a writer even when he was drunk. He raised an amused eyebrow as he smelled a scent of the secret before him. Izzy looked back at him with flat eyes.

"No small talk?" Del shrugged his shoulders.

Izzy scoffed at him but the inquisitive man didn't abandon his doubt. "Hmm, I'm gonna come over next week. Something interesting is going on." He said like singing before he joined a small drinking bout at the porch. Axl relocated to the couch as soon as Del left the room.

Izzy massaged his shoulder. "Axl, I'm getting tired of babysitting you." He made a face, his grumble was muffled.

Axl ignored it casually and approached his face towards Izzy, setting his eyes on Izzy's lips, getting closer to Izzy until Izzy shivered hard and pushed him away. Axl didn't seem to take offense at it though Izzy's hands refused him stronger than he intended. He once again got close to Izzy, leaning forward. A mischievous smile crawled up his mouth as Izzy instinctively leaped up from the couch.

"Shit! You enjoy seeing me getting freaked out!" Izzy felt a mix of anger and disgust was written all over his face.

"It's fun as hell." The green orbs sparkled like a boy of three discovered how to get into mischief.