Tensai Kanchigai Chapter 12

(People who can't handle cockroaches, prepare yourself!)

Chapter 12: Saitou-kun's Research (Reader Warning, Goki-san is coming!)

(Fraiziar: Goki-san is from Gokiburi which means cockroach)

「Nee, please help out with my research too.」

This is the story of the week of nightmares that began with those words.
—Arakawa Kouki's Perspecitve—

「Nee, please help out with my research too.」(Saitou)

Saitou-kun said to me and Alice-chan as he helped himself to tempura in the school cafeteria. To be honest I thought it was troublesome, but since I helped Alice-chan and all I can't just refuse. And Alice-chan, who gained splendid results after getting help earlier enthusiastically said 『OK』so I asked Saitou-kun what we should do.

「Well you see, I'd like to make a simple working-robot with AI」(Saitou

Hmm, A working-robot huh.....

Since it's Saitou-kun, having a feeling he'd want to put to use something like the military power suits, and I asked him a question.

「What kind of shape do you want it to be? Will it be humanoid or tank shaped?」(Kouki)

「No, It'll be a cockroach you know?」(Saitou)

Wait a bit, what did he just say?

I think I just heard a word that I never wanted to hear, but I probably just heard wrong. Alice-chan's face also cramped up as she drank her black tea, and I asked again.

「What did you just say?」(Kouki)

「Like I said, it's going to be a cockroach you know?」(Saitou)

Him telling me so with a smiling face is troublesome.

In the first place, WHY A COCKROACH?!

I could make an unreasonable request as usual and ask for something like tanks from my mother with a simple 『Okaa-san, if you would?』, yet Why is it today you are pointlessly pushing for a such a living creature?

Come on, look! Alice-chan is already in tears.

「For a working-robot I think it's logical.....」(Saitou)

It's not a matter of being logical or not!

Why does it have to be modeled after such a disgusting creature?

Alice-chan hates it too, so let's do something different, okay?

After saying this the normally docile and quiet Saitou-kun snapped.

「FUHII!? disgusting? What's disgusting?!!

Cockroaches are amazing creatures you know! They have a perfect shape that hasn't changed for the past 300 million years, they can adapt to any environment!

And among insects they are Top-Class in terms of intelligence you know!?

Depending on the type, not just gliding but some species can actually fly, and they can survive more than 50 days without water!

Their learning ability is high, since they learn to avoid places where they had found poisons, and they also gain resistances to drugs very quickly!

They are perfect! They are certainly the ultimate living creature. furthermore.....」(Saitou)

While making a sidelong glance at Saitou-kun making his fervent speech, Alice-chan spoke while pulling on my clothed.

「What's up with Saitou-kun?」(Alice)