Chapter 4: A Call

A/N: I’m not feeling the drive to write today, so I’m super sorry if this chapter isn’t the best :/ I just really didn’t want to make you guys wait too much longer for this chapter, so I sat my ass down and made myself write this.

 On an important note, I was thinking of holding a contest of sorts. I dunno if it’ll turn out well, but whatever

 ----> Okay, so the first person to comment on this chapter will win a oneshot, with their choice of pairing and plot! Basically, you give me the characters, theme, title if you’d like, and then I’ll try to get it written as soon as possible. I’ll make sure to dedicate it to you, too! It can be from any fandom, but I’d honestly prefer if you kept it to the MC Youtuber fandom. If this turns out well, I’ll do it with other chapters too :)

IMPORTANT!!!! If any of you are artists and would be willing to make a cover picture for this story, I would seriously love you forever! I would pay you back by writing you a oneshot with your choice of pairing/characters/plot/etc... if you can make me a cover pic! I will give you credit too. And I'll give you a shoutout every chapter. I'm not kidding, it would mean the world to me to have a cover drawn by a fan :) Thanks!

In this chapter, Rob finally gets a name for his restaurant, Mitch has a weird dream, and Merome starts to happen!

I’m also gonna start trying to average each chapter with about 5000+ words, so it might take a bit longer to get them out, but there’ll be more for you guys to read :)

Anyways, enjoy! I love you guys, stay safe <3

----------

I took a deep breath, trying to calm my rapid heartbeat. There was a sudden lump in my throat, and the butterflies started to flutter in my stomach again.

“Whatever God is still willing to listen to me, please don’t let this be awkward. I like this guy, dammit,” I groaned out loud, running my free hand through my wild hair.

And with that, I answered my phone.

“Hello?”

Looks like luck was on my side today. My voice stayed steady, even though I was a nervous wreck on the inside.

“Oh, um, yeah… hi! This is Jerome, which you probably already know, but-” Jerome’s pleasant voice was actually touched by a bit of nervousness, too. I know I shouldn’t feel relieved by that, but it was nice to know that he was anxious too.

“Okay- shit, this is not a very good first impression,” he cursed, and I nearly laughed. It was actually kind of cute how flustered he sounded. “I know we just met today, but you’re really gorgeous, and I was wondering… maybe you’d like to go out for lunch sometime? Or dinner, or-”

My heart swelled with emotion, my cheeks flushed slightly, and I had to stop myself from letting out a very unmanly squeal. Can you blame me though? A really hot guy just told me that I’m gorgeous, and asked me out. Fuck yeh!

I took a moment to compose myself, even though on the inside I was cheering, “That sounds great!”

I could have sworn I heard a sigh of relief from his side of the call. My nerves from earlier had disappeared, and now all I really cared about was setting up a date with Jerome.

“Awesome. Okay, so uh, where should we meet up?”

I tapped my index finger on my chin, racking my brain, “Hm, I have a friend who owns a restaurant. Do you know where ‘Hot N Spicy’ is?”