Chapter 2

Sam danced over to Neil who stood by his car in the parking lot.

"so, now, I won the challenge.... " Neil said, wrapping his arms around her as she launched herself on him. Neil had challenged that she would get the job. But Sam had just held a 'no' sign board.

"whatever..!" she rolled but kissed his cheeks.
Sam was overjoyed with her recruitment in one of the core companies. Happiness striked leaps and bounds suddenly in her life. Now, at once she had everything, everything she'd ever wanted in her life.

"there's one thing left.... My own place.. " she said and he nodded in understanding.

Radhika walked to them, 'ew'ing about her attire.

"my good fate..... " she said pointing to herself, offering Neil a hug.

He held his hands in the air, stopping her.

"I love to be clean.... " he declared.

She shook her head in disbelief.

"am I not important to you than your bloody white shirt?" she exclaimed, angrily.

"of course, you are.... But darling, I'm going to meet Sam's parents.... Don't you think their impression about me would change, after they see me dirtied by my best friend? " he questioned, sweetly.

"whatever!! "

"who got you.... beautiful? " Sam raises her brow, smirking.

"I have no clue..." she said. " I just fell into the puddle and someone just landed right in my lap. "

"a girl? "

"no! a boy. And I gave him right back. "

"what? " Neil asked.

"answer. " she said, obviously.

"oh... Okay!! We're visiting my parents. Thought you'd come? " Sam hoped.

"no... You go... " she said.

Sometimes she did feel like a third wheel with the pair. They'd never mind though.

"please..." Neil pled.

That was something only those two knew. This day was disdainful. It was the day she lost her parents. And it is today she's accomplished something. And there was all possibility in the world that she might have break down. And then, Neil will have to lean on. Expecting her to go with them was not their fault. She had nothing to do the rest of the day, so she nodded.

Arriving at the graveyard, where Sam's parents were buried, they walked slowly in silence. Neil and Radhika stopped a little away from Sam who went to meet them, to give her the required privacy. They could still hear her though.

Life isn’t easy. After losing her parents, sam was shattered completely. But to complete the promise she had made to her dear parents, she has strived all her life. Now that she has a position for herself in a prestigious company, she wanted to see her parents and show them that she has kept her promise that she would achieve something without breaking herself. Sam sat on her knees, eye filled.

"hi dad, hi mom, how are you? See I came to meet you people. So how is heaven doing? Everyone is fine right? How is your love life? Duets and all , in this age, don’t suit you okay?" She laughed a little and tears flooded. She continued "I just don’t know how you people are able to enjoy without me. It’s been ten years you left me in this cruel world. Daily someone or the other will be blaming me. What’s my fault if you had already booked your tickets? Now, see I didn’t come to talk to you about all these….. See I have got my job. Now samaira khanna will be going to Mehra Industries to work." She smiled.
" remember radhu, dad had bought me a big dairy milk chocolate whenever I got my rank in the school. Now, who will give me? See I have done such a big achievement and these two are not at all budging. Get up dad….. Please…." She cried. Though everything she said always were in buts and pieces, without a link, they understood her.