Happier

Inspired by Happier - Ed Sheeran

Shawn's P.O.V

I walk inside the bar trying to get her off my mind. But just as I sit down I see her. I see her standing with her new boyfriend, Grayson. She has the biggest smile on her face. She looks twice as happy as she did when we were together. I order a drink at the bar, and just sits in silence. I look at her and I regret more and more what I did.

Flashback

"Y/N please you know I would never do that on purpose, I was drunk" I say to her as the tears are flowing down her cheek, and I can feel some tears on my cheek now.

"I don't care Shawn you did the one thing you promised me you would never do, you cheated on me. And I don't care how drunk you were, if you truly loved me you wouldn't have done it" she says as she takes her shoes on again.

"Please, don't leave me I can't live without you. I love you so goddamn much, you are my one true love, you're the only one that gets me, and don't just want me for fame" I say as I take her wrist and pull her closer begging her not to leave. She closes her eyes, and I put my forehead on hers, as I gently cups her right cheeks with my hand. I slowly lean in and kiss her. She kisses back at first, but then puts her hand on my chest and pushes me away.

"Goodbye Shawn" she takes her purse and keys, and she's gone. After that I broke down crying.

End of flashback

I felt something wet on my cheek, and notice I let a tear fall down, I quickly wipe it away, and take another sip of my drink. I hear her laughing at something he said, and I smile at myself when I hear her precious laugh. I look down and starts fidgeting with my hands.

"Can I get a scotch" I hear a familiar voice say. I look up and there she is. She then looks at my direction.

"Hey"

"Hi" I simply answer

"How have you been doing?" she asks being polite, I can see that she thinks this is awkward and is just trying to be nice to me.

"I'mmm okay I guess" I've been missing you like crazy, I thought.

"What about you, I see you have a boyfriend" I say, and force a smile on my lips. She looks over at him and smiles.

"Yeah, he is great" she says with the biggest smile on her face.

"That's good" I say, and take another sip.

"Yeah well it was good seeing you Shawn I better get back to Grayson now" she says, and take her drink with her.

"Bye... I miss you"I whisper the last part, when she can't hear me. I pick up my jacket, and take the last sip of my drink. I put my jacket on, and walks towards the exit. I take one last look over my shoulder. I'm still in love with her, but...

She looks so much happier when she's with him.