No. 40

Of all of ways she'd imagined getting a second date with Sirius, asking him outright had never been one of them. In her mind, she'd convinced herself that he'd say no, his fear of commitment was far too strong but she'd never actually asked him.

"What can I get you?"

"Huh?" She whirled around to see Rosmerta leaning on the counter which snapped her out of her daydream, "Oh, four Butterbeers and one Firewhisky."

"For Sirius?"

"Yep, you got it," She replied, laughing a little.

"Coming right up," Rosmerta replied and Ora leant back on the counter, glancing over at Sirius who had sat himself down in the booth next to Lily and James, despite there barely being enough room. Even from here, she could see the chaotic, devious smirk on his face, the smirk of a man who had just come up with a spur of the moment plan. She was happy with him but actually dating him would change the dynamic, all the problems he'd been hiding behind a pretty face would come to the surface and she would have to be there to deal with them. Judging by the serial monogamy and constant ditching, the boy had a lot of issues but then again so did she, so maybe they could just enjoy being messed up together.

"Here you go," She turned around quickly, to see Rosmerta pushing five glasses onto the counter. Although she was a little annoyed at having to pay for them all, as she carried them over, she made a mental note of getting them all to pay plus a service charge for carrying them over when the time was right.

"Here we go everyone," She said, laying the drinks down as she took the empty seat next to Peter, "Butterbeers for everyone except Sirius who is far too edgy for that."

"Nah, it's just they say you are what you eat and Firewhiskies are hot just like me," Sirius replied, giving her a grin before turning back to James, his brow furrowed as he tried to figure out the best course of action.

"I eat too many Bertie Botts every flavour beans and I'm all over the place," Lily said, taking the Butterbeer in both hands, "So your theory actually makes sense."

"You? All over the place?" James scoffed, "You literally have like six revision timetables, in what world are you all over the place?"

"There are other ways to be all over the place," Lily replied, "Emotionally I'm a complete mess a lot of the time."

"Same," Ora replied, glancing over at Sirius, "I hate being seventeen, there's too much going on and my brain just goes into overdrive a lot of the time."

"Is that why you write it all down?" Lily asked, her eyes flicking over to James who was looking back at her. As their eyes met, a small smile appeared on each of their faces before they both quickly looked away, a faint pinkness appearing on her cheeks. Of course, this moment was somewhat ruined by Sirius, who was staring intently with a solemn look on his face which just made Ora laugh more than anything else.

"Kind of," She replied, "I don't know."

With that, she took a sip of her butterbeer, suddenly becoming aware of Sirius looking over at her. She quickly looked up, realising he was mouthing something and nudging his head over to his right.

"What?" She mouthed back, wrinkling her nose a little in confusion. Although he seemed to be mouthing more clearly, she still had no idea what he was saying.

After about thirty seconds more of this, clearly the mouthing wasn't working and he leant over to her, hissing, "Deal with Lily."

At the mention of her name, Lily's head snapped up and she blinked in confusion, "What? Did you say my name?"