Chapter One

"Desmond, get your pathetic ass down here!" I heard my father scream. I got up and went downstairs to find him sitting in his chair with a beer in his hand. "Yes, sir?" I asked standing army still like he wants me too. "Go get me a beer," He ordered. I went to the kitchen and grabbed his beer. I opened it and took it to him. "Get out of here," I growled at me. I started my way upstairs when he called my name again. "Yes, sir?" I asked turning to face him. "While you're up there. Pack a bag and leave," He told me. "Yes, sir," I said sadly and went up to my room. I grabbed my bag and packed everything I had, which wasn't a lot. I put my phone in my pocket and the charger in my bag and left. "I don't want you ever coming back here, ya hear!" He shouted at me as I walked towards the door. I was silent and went to open the door but I was grabbed. 

I looked back and my dad had his empty beer bottle in his hand and stormed towards me."YOU ANSWER ME WHEN I TALK TO YOU YOU PIECE OF SHIT!" He yelled and hit me with the beer bottle knocking me to the ground. I lay there and took the beating like I normally would. Finally, he finished and I ran out of the house. I ran to the airport. People kept giving me weird looks so I looked in a mirror as I passed and saw I had a black eye and almost half my face was bruised. I went to the gift shop and bought some sunglasses so my eye was covered up some. I sighed and went to the bookstore. I saw a book I really like so I reached for it but when I did another hand did as well.

"Sorry, you can have it," I said and pulled my hand away. "No, your hand was on it first, you have it," I heard a male voice. "No, sir, you have it," I said and started to walk off but my arm was grabbed. I kept my head down as they turned me to face them. "Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine," I lied and tried to walk off but he wouldn't let go. "Why are you wearing sunglasses indoors?" He asked. I shrugged and kept my head down. "Why don't you take them off for a minute," He said. I sighed and took the glasses off revealing my eye. "Oh my, are you okay?" He asked. "Yes, sir, I'm fine," I told him. 

"Whats your name?" He asked. "Desmond, Desmond Grey, sir," I replied. "Nice to meet you Desmond, I'm Tom, Tom Hiddleston," He said. "Nice to meet you too, sir," I said. "Now, where are your parents?" He asked. "My dad is at his house," I said. "Why are you here alone?" He asked sounding a bit concerned. "I ran away," I said. I didn't really run away but its easier to say then I was kicked out. "Why would you run away?" He asked sitting on the bench and pulling me to sit next to him. "I'm- I'm a- I'm abuse a-at home, so I ran away," I mumble the last part. "Oh, I'm sorry, Desmond," Mr. Hiddleson said. "No need to apologize Mr. Hiddleson, you've done nothing," I said. He smiled at me. "I have an idea," He said.

I looked up at him. "Would you like to come to America with me?" He asked. I thought for a minute. The famous Tom Hiddleston taking me to America with him? Why not? "Sure," I said with a smile at the end. He smiled at me and we went to get me a ticket. I'm currently in Bradford, UK, if you were wondering. Mr. Hiddleson bought me a ticket and we boarded the plain. "Have you ever flown before?" Mr. Hiddleson asked. "No, sir, I haven't," I answered. "If you get afraid or anything don't be afraid to tell me," He said. I nodded and looked out the window.

Tom

I was at the airport in Bradford, UK, getting ready to get in my fight to America. I decided to go to a bookstore and see what they had there. I saw a really interesting book and reached for it but a small hand did too. "Sorry, you can have it," a small voice said and pulled their hand away. "No, your hand was on it first, you have it," I said to the boy. "No, sir, you have it," They said and started to walk off but I grabbed their arm. They kept their head down as they turned to face me. "Are you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine," He said and tried to walk off but I wouldn't let go. "Why are you wearing sunglasses indoors?" I asked. He shrugged and kept my head down. "Why don't you take them off for a minute," I said. He sighed and took the glasses off revealing a black eye. "Oh my, are you okay?" I asked. "Yes, sir, I'm fine," He told me.

"Whats your name?" I asked. "Desmond, Desmond Grey, sir," He replied. "Nice to meet you Desmond, I'm Tom, Tom Hiddleston," I said. "Nice to meet you too, sir," He said. "Now, where are your parents?" I asked. "My dad is at his house," He said. "Why are you here alone?" I asked a bit concerned. "I ran away," He said. "Why would you run away?" I asked sitting on the bench and pulling him to sit next to me. "I'm- I'm a- I'm abuse a-at home, so I ran away," He mumbles the last part. "Oh, I'm sorry, Desmond," I said. "No need to apologize Mr. Hiddleson, you've done nothing," He said. I smiled at him. "I have an idea," I said.

He looked up at me. "Would you like to come to America with me?" I asked. "Sure," He said with a smile at the end. I smiled at him and we went to get him a ticket. I bought Desmond a ticket and we boarded the plain. "Have you ever flown before?" I asked. "No, sir, I haven't," He answered. "If you get afraid or anything don't be afraid to tell me," I said. He nodded and looked out the window.

He has good manners! Why would his dad abuse him? He's a sweet kid. We were halfway through the flight when I felt something on my shoulder. I looked over and saw Desmond had fallen asleep and he's now using my shoulder as a pillow. I smiled. We finally landed and I woke Desmond up. "Desmond, wake up," I said. He furrowed his eyebrows together and slowly opened his eyes squinting as the sun shined in his eye. "We are here," I told him. He nodded and sat up. He yawned and stretched. "Ready?"I asked. "Yes, sir," He said and stood up following me off the plane. We went to baggage claim and got our stuff. "Got everything?" I asked him. "Yes, sir," He answered. "Let's go then!" I smiled. He followed me out of the airport, luckily no fans saw me. 

We put our stuff in the back of the SUV and we got in the back while my driver drove us home.