Chapter Two

Tom

We got home and Desmond was still asleep. I took our stuff in and into the rooms then came back down and lifted Desmond up carefully and carried him to our room. I laid him on his bed and closed the door letting him get some sleep.

I decided to make some lunch for us. I made macaroni and chicken strips. I put the food on a plate and Desmonds door opened revealing a tired Desmond. "Afternoon, have a good nap?" I asked. He rubbed his eye, yawned, and nodded. "That's good, I made some lunch," I said putting his plate on the table.

"Thanks," he said and sat down. I grabbed my plate and sat next to him. We ate and I finished first. I got up and put my plate in the dishwasher and started cleaning up the kitchen. I looked over at Desmond and his head was on the table.

"You okay Des?" I asked. He nodded and sat up. He rubbed his face and grabbed his empty plate and put it in the dishwasher as well. "You still tired?" I asked him. He nodded. "Well, go lay back down," I said and rubbed his back. He nodded and went back to the room. The poor boy must be exhausted. Running away from home and getting on a plane with a stranger! Poor kids been through a lot!

I finished the kitchen and I went to check on Desmond. I opened the door and he was sleeping. I smiled and closed the door. I called Chris to see if he and his son Turner wanted to come over. Turner is sixteen as well.

Desmond

I woke up is my bed at Toms house. I sighed and sat up. I rubbed my eyes with the palms of my hands and got out of bed. I walked to the loving room and Tom was sitting there with another man and a kid around my age.

I walked over to the couch and sat next to Tom. "Hey, bud, feel better now?" Tom asked. I nodded with a yawn. "Desmond,  this is Chris and his son Turner," Tom introduced me. "Hi," I said. They said hi back.

"Why don't you boys go to Desmonds room and get to know each other?" Chris said. "Sure," I said. Turner got up and followed me to my room. "So, tell me about you," I said sitting on my bed. "Okay, um, I'm Turner Hemsworth. I'm sixteen and was adopted by Chris when I was three," he said. "Cool," I said with a smile. He smiled too. "Your turn!" He said.

"Okay, well, uh, I'm Desmond Grey. I'm sixteen, I love with my dad in Bradford. I ran away and met Tom at the airport then we brought me here with him," I said. "Why'd you run away?" He asked. "My dad, he was in very abusive," I said. Turner nodded. "Can you keep a secret?" I asked. "Yeah of course!" Turner said sitting next to me.

"I didn't run away," I said. "What do you mean?" He asked confused. "Well, I was at home and I was called by him to get him a beer. I did and he told me he was done with me and kicked me out," I explained. "It didn't really bother me though, I was ready for it to happen sooner or later," I sighed.

"Oh, I'm sorry Des, is it okay that I call you that?" He asked. I chuckled. "Yeah it's fine," I said. We continued to talk and we became like best friends! I was really happy. We were talking when my phone rang. I looked at the caller I.D and it was my dad.