Chapter Two: Craving

Week One: Sakura

Week One: Sakura

Disclaimer:
This Sakura x Reader pairing is more of a stressed admiration rather than a love relationship.

You awoke with a jolt, feeling a hand on your shoulder shaking you gently. Your eyes fluttered open and you made out Sasuke's face though your blurry vision. You blinked and rubbed your eyes sleepily, sitting up slightly from your slouched position in the grass. It was now daylight at this point, which was worrying because you began to wonder how long you had been waiting for your sensei to come. You even felt somewhat reenergized from your nap.

Sasuke stood over you, his face stoic as ever, and muttered, "Kakashi's here." Your eyes widened at the sound of his voice; you couldn't recall ever hearing him even speak, especially to you. It was actually sort of pleasant. You got up and dusted off any grass that had stuck to your pants before slipping your bag back onto your back.

"Thanks.." you trailed off, turning to Sasuke who just grunted in response. You sweatdropped at his lack of ability to communicate. Focusing your attention on the commotion that was going on to your left, you spotted both Naruto and Sakura yelling at some guy who had grey-silver hair and was rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. Seems like him being tardy wasn't something uncommon. You approached him, Sasuke trailing closely behind, and stood next to Naruto who was pouting and glaring angrily at the older man.

Kakashi took notice of you shortly after he opened his one eye, which he was using to direct a false closed eye smile to his upset pupils.

"Ah, [Name] [Surname]?" He questioned, scanning your form. You nodded without hesitation, letting a friendly smile rest upon your lips. "I guess you're Kakashi?"

"Kakashi-sensei." He corrected playfully, though he was more or less serious about you calling him that. You bowed slightly as a sign of respect and locked your hands behind your back. You wondered what you were going to be doing today.

Naruto and Sakura have gotten over their annoyance by now as Kakashi spoke up, and he answered as if he were reading your mind. "Since we have a new member on the team," he paused, glancing pointedly at you. "I decided that it would be appropriate to conduct a little test for her."

The other three seemed to catch his drift by shooting sly glances at each other, while you were just standing there, confusion and curiosity welling up in the pit of your stomach. You detected a little malice in his voice as he said that, and you hoped whatever he had in mind wouldn't be too harsh on you. You'd hate to embarrass yourself in front of them. 

"Today I want each of you to spar. You will all hold a bell and [Name] will try to take as many as she can before noon." Kakashi explained monotonously, holding up three bells that jangled from his hand.

"Haha! I'm not gonna go easy on you, [Name]-chan!!" Naruto exclaimed, turning to you with a dazzling grin. You awkwardly smiled, not really knowing how to respond to that. You generally trained alone because you never really had any friends or partners to spar with. You were worried that you might take it too seriously. Sakura looked just as uncomfortable as you at the thought of sparring right of the bat.