twenty-one

"You're going to die before you even pay off that debt!" Jin whispered, shocked.

"Might as well die while trying to save up money. Life would be boring without something to keep me busy. I don't know what I'd do in my free time."

Jin was surprised at how nonchalant she was. Ara reminded him of Yoongi. Jin shuddered at the thought of dating a female Yoongi.

"Why are you making that face?" Ara asked. "You look like you just saw a horse give birth."

"You're very different from your letters," Jin responded, snapping out of his trance.

"And you said you were a vet."

"You're still holding that against me?" Jin nervously chuckled.

"Liars aren't very appreciated. But, I will take the sunflowers into consideration."

Jin smiled. "Thanks."

Ara shook her head, her bangs moving. "Go back to your filming."

Jin scurried off, and Ara went talk to their manager.

"If their hands still hurt after the filming, get it checked out for the proper ointment. I'm sorry something like this happened."

The manager shook his head. "It wasn't your fault. These boys always cause a ruckus and they're so messy."

Ara laughed.

"Here's your pay for today. Thank you for letting us use your shop." The manager bowed and Ara bowed in return.

"Thank you for choosing my shop. It's an honor."

Ara watched the boys from behind the camera and would silently laugh when one of them said something stupid. The boys eventually wrapped up their filming and the crew began cleaning up.

"Ara, I have a proposition," Jin whispered to her.

"Hmm? And what would that proposition be, Mr. Seokjin?" Ara asked teasingly.

Jin grinned. "Every time you go on a date with me, I'll pay you 5, 000, 000 won."

"You do realize that I'm not an escort, right?" Ara asked.

"You do realize that I'm trying to find a way to help pay your debts and date you at the same time, right?"

Ara took out her calculator app on her phone. "You do realize that I'd have to go on 149, 464 dates with you, right?"

"That doesn't seem so bad."

"Is this how you usually ask out girls?"

"I haven't asked out a girl since I was sixteen," Jin replied.

"Yeah, you need to work on that. But sure, why not? If I get murdered by your fans, I'm haunting you."

"Tomorrow at twelve for lunch?" Jin suggested. "I can cook."

"Wow, you can sing and cook? I'm impressed. Okay, text me the address."

The two of them exchanged numbers.

"This is going to be the start of a very good relationship," Jin told her. "Trust me."

Ara sighed as she packed up her stuff. "We'll see if I can get past the first date."

Jin grinned and pecked her on the cheek before anyone could see. Ara was stunned and she stared at him.

"You're going to be the death of me. And frankly, if you're the reason I die, then I'll die happy," Ara said with a smile as she kissed his cheek in return.

"'Till death do us part," Jin cheekily said.