p r o l o g u e|| Mashton❁

No one ever loved.

-P r o l o g u e-

michael kept his head down, at the front of the church and he kept blinking fast.

but the tears kept returning and running freely off his face.

"and ashton irwin will be sorely missed" the priest's voice sounded hurt but michael knew it was fake. michael was tuning in and out and when he felt calum nudge him he looked up.

"it's your turn to speak" the priest said and ushered michael up. michael stood up in his tux and he wiped at his eyes before going to the altar in front of everyone, beside the casket, which was holding his lover's body.

"i...i'm michael" he sniffed and he looked at luke and calum who were crying softly. "ashton irwin, was my favourite person in the world, and every day i'll think of him." the room was watching michael sadly and he saw a little girl grinning at him and he lost it.

"you know the saying?" michael asked and he continuted quickly before he could cry in front of all these people he didn't even know, "one person's smile could save a hundred people, that would be ashton's."

"ashton could save thousands of people by smiling, his award winning smile" michael muttered but the microphone made his voice echo, "and some people will come into the world and not know who ashton irwin was."

michael coughed, "i don't want to live in a world without ashton irwin, but i'll go to places he hasn't for the both of us."

michael paused to look at everyone.

"before he was killed, he told me that if he could die it would be in a car accident and i'm happy that he wasn't killed any other way."

the room was in a deep silence and michael nodded and stepped off the altar to go back to sit next to calum, who was crying.

luke was up next and he was crying as well.

"michael... is right" he stuttered, sniffling, "ashton told me too that he wanted to die in a car crash and michael is also right..." he smiled at michael through his haze, "ashton could save thousands of people lives with his smile."

michael glanced over at the picture they used for ashton on top of his casket and felt a pain straight in his heart.

it was of ashton, michael, luke and calum at the beach on some day. it was meant to be just ashton in the picture, because his mum needed one to send to ashton's grandmother. but ashton had pulled michael into a kiss and didn't want to let him go.

then before she could take it, ashton told luke and calum to come over and he said, 'if you want a picture of me, you get all of my pieces.'

michael felt tears well in his eyes as luke was finishing his speech.

"ashton will always be in my heart, because he was one of the four parts." luke sat down and calum stood up.

calum looked out into the crowd and then to the casket.

"ashton, where do i begin?" calum looked at michael before he bit his lip, "i don't want my kids to live in a world without ashton either," he took a deep breath, "imagine that, no ashton."

he furrowed his eyebrows and cried.

"i can't imagine a world without, the giggling machine we call ashton irwin, and i don't want too!"

calum was crying so much after that statment, and he couldn't continue his speech so luke went up to take him back down to their seats.

people in the crowd awed but michael was ignoring them and staring at the picture.

he wished he could go back to the night and make ashton stay in bed and not have to go visit his family, the last trip ashton ever made... alive.

"and that concludes this service, please feel free to have food at the back of the church or outside."

michael can't remember what happened clearly, but he remembered hands, wet faces, sad faces and ashton's brother holding his hand tightly.

"michael," at the end of the day he felt someone pull him into a hug and he cried loudly into that person's shoulder, "it's okay darling, i love you, we all love you" she whispered and michael continued to cry into his mum's shoulder.

"i...nee...need him mum" he croaked and his mum had held him at the back of the church as he cried, "i need him."

"i understand sweetheart, i do" she whispered but the tears kept trailing down his face.

to him, nothing would be the same again.

life would be different with no ashton irwin.

• • • • • • • •

{lowercase intended}

i'm not okay!

okay?

ashton was in a car crash, by the way. 

<<< cover by LukesPenguinx >>> 

i have a lashton one + cake + malum all by the same soundtrack check them out??? 

-Cat :(