blue

The night was a baffling scene with the usual northern lights the lilac blue with green in the background and as the lights swayed across the sky like chandeliers spring pulled the cover closer to her and wiped her tears away.

 She could hear nickolus snoring from the other side of the bed and it devastated her to think she would be marrying this man in a couple of months, she wasn't as stupid as the other girls and she understood this time as long as nickolus wants her, her parents will not allow her to have a say in the matter of marrying him.He was a part of the inner family of leaders therefore he was also very rich, and her dad wouldn't miss the opportunity to be a part of the inner family. So he had rushed the dating process and soon will be forcing her into the wedding.She had dated many times in the last few years and was more than happy to get to know the boys maybe even engage in some physical activities.

Part of the dating process for the amish is sleeping in the same bed for the whole dating period.But there would always be a wooden board between the couple.In this community however they have decided to give a choice to the girl to remove the board or not.At some point spring and spring didn't remember when but she had fallen asleep. 

When she woke up, rubbing her eyes she looked over to the other side of the bed and thankfully nickolus wasn't there.She got into her normal uniform and tied her white bonette.

 She went out of the room eager to finish breakfast and go see the love of her life. She quickly sat down at the dinner table her brother made a week ago. "you did a fine job with the leveling dia" her mother said while pouring milk into her oatmeal. dia is 22 next month and he is probably the most hardworking person in her family.Her mother had named him diamond because he was the light in her dark tunnel when she first married spring's father.He prefers being called dia because he thinks diamond is silly.

Spring was about to tell dia she was proud of him when a strong hand clutched her shoulder and her breath caught in her throat, she didnt have a chance to turn around. She got dragged up from her seat and slapped across the face "you whore" her father said with a groan. He held her collar with a strong grip and pushed her in to the cellar. She could see her brothers anger but she understood why he choose not to interfere.

 slamming the door behind him he said "you think i wouldn't know that you haven't raised the board let alone talk to him."His teeth were grinding against each other so hard she thought they'd fall off. "he's the d....." a hard slap landed on spring's face. "he's rich, he's part of the inner family and he's to be your husband" he said holding my collar and tightening it. "yes" i say with tears threatening to flow, But she never cries in the morning. 

"i swear if i dont hear the board being raised and chatter between you both i will not hesitate to the same punishment i gave your mother that time your brother lost the cow" he said letting go of spring's collar knowing how red and breathless she is "say thank lord that you'll have to see him everyday because i would've broken your jaw" he says smiling, making spring's neck hair raise from the truthfulness in his voice. "yes" spring said wanting to get on with her day. He opens the door and slams it.

 she moves against the wall and breathes out rubbing her neck. spring fixes her clothes and walks straight out the door avoiding her mother and brother's lingering gazes. walking to the strawberry field she was assigned to harvest she thought of the time dia, her mmother, and her got punished for loosing one of the cows and flinched at the memory of what happened at the house that day. 

 her thoughts vanished when a huge body slammed into her grabbing her into a warm hug.She immediately knew who it was and let her self get lost in the hug. " i missed you like hell yesterday in midnight church, how did it go with nickolas" rose whispered into springs ear grabbing her ass. spring got away from her grip and walked ahead almost at the strawberry field. "went well" she lied. she knew spring would blabber about her dad forcing her into things to the inner family and she didn't want any more questions or investigations that are useless. spring loved rose but didn't want her to get exposed to her fathers harshness so she choose not to involve her with any of the shit in her life. 

rose turns around flawlessly and walks ahead into the field or strawberry with her basket in her hand. "shit I forgot my basket and didn't eat breakfast ughhhh" spring said looking at the floor wanting to just dig a hole and burry her self. "all more reason to come pick strawberries with me" rose said smiling. rose grabbed springs hand getting deeper into the field. rose suddenly dropped down next to one of the strawberry trees, spring heard the familiar noise of a strawberry being taken out but when rose came up with nothing in her hand or basket. spring was about to ask where the strawberry went when rose locked lips with her and they began making out right then and there, but when rose's mouth opened and a strawberry got pushed into spring's mouth. Spring's heart melted, after a while of passing the strawberry and pure love rose pulled away."now you got your breakfast" she says winking at spring and smirking. 

spring finished the strawberry in silence thinking about how lucky she was to have a person like rose. "theres some on your face" spring said looking at rose picking another strawberry. spring held rose's neck and licked her upper lip lingering there a while. " I missed you too" spring said turning away to pick a strawberry from the other side of the tree line.