Kookie

Suga had asked him to take a walk with him and enjoy the snow. The elder's excuse had been that he knew his way around Busan, but Jimin guessed he only wanted company by someone who was not as creepy as V or Hope. The magician had said that he felt restless, and Jimin knew that this was a sign for a new soul to join them. With the triad man they had found their warrior, even if it had cost them much patience to convince the man to join them. He was a great advantage regarding V's outbursts, but now the magician had green hair and his cigarettes stunk like incense. After half a year, the older had confessed to him that he got sick of it. But now it was more than a year and there was still the suffocating green smoke lingering in the magician's room.

"Who'll be next?" he asked the older curiously.

"Don't know," the other replied and dragged on his stick, "I never know. I just find them, and then I see."

"Hm," Jimin mused and buried his face deeper into the soft scarf around his neck and head.

They walked around the city for some more hours, until Jimin complained about cold toes and freezing ears. He was sorry to end the search, but he could no longer stand this. He loved fire, that should say something about him.

"Here," the magician said and handed him a small green flame to warm his hands. The flames curled on his palms and a soft warmth seeped through the thin gloves. When the other had given him those flames for the first time, he had found then fascinating and had let them wander over his whole body. No matter what, the flames would not burn him and the fire would not spread.

Happily, he watched the strangely curling tongues of heat while they walked home. But when the crossed a bridge, the magician suddenly stopped.

"What's up?" Jimin asked and turned around.

"He's close," the other just said and looked around viciously.

Suddenly Jimin was all eyes and ears. He shifted the fire to one hand and helped searching for their soul. Some minutes later, he heard Suga's voice from under the bridge and ran after it.

He found the magician bent over a lump of cloths.

"Can you hear me?" the raspy voice asked softly.

No response.

"Jimin, can you carry him?" the green-haired asked him and turned around.

Slightly scared, Jimin came closer to the lump and looked over the magician's shoulder. When he saw the person's face, his jaw dropped. How did a child end up under a bridge? He was so beautiful. But his lips were frighteningly blue. Hastily, he placed the fire into the elder's hands and lifted the boy up.

"Make him feel warm!" he almost pleaded the other and looked at him with big eyes.

Suga placed a hand on the boy's cheek and a soft glow seeped into the sleeping boy.

Jimin had watched the boy for two hours now. The latter lied in his bed under three blankets with a warmth charm of the magician to get his body temperature up again. His lips were no longer blue, but a soft pink, and he breathed steadily.

Fluttering eyelids made the fire artist snap out of his stare. The boy was just too beautiful.

"Hello," he said gingerly to not scare him.

But the other still twitched like he had been slapped, and panic widened the soft brown eyes.

"Don't be scared. I won't harm you," Jimin said and stood up to give the other some space and to underline his words.

"We found you freezing to death under a bridge," he explained, "and took you in, so you won't die."

"Who're you?" he heard a weak but beautiful voice.

The fire artist smiled, happy the boy talked. "I'm Jimin. And you're at a circus."

"Jungkook," the boy said and got the confidence to stick his head out a little further.

"Wait here, Kookie. I'll get you something to eat." And Jimin rushed out of the room to get some of the soup from the kitchen. The boy must be starving.

When he came back to his room, their guest was sitting on the edge of the bed and looked through the room. His room was quite unique, he knew this, but the agape mouth and wide eyes showed him once more exactly how unique.

"Eat," he said and placed the bowl with soup into Jungkook's lap.

After he gave the younger a reassuring nod, the latter began to slurp the warm soup. Some minutes, a few shy looks and weird eating noises later, the raven put the bowl aside and lowered his gaze to his knees.

"Why're you so nice to me?" he asked quietly, toes curling on the black lava tiles.

Jimin smiled sadly. "Let's just say that you're an important step in a long road on which you'll hopefully accompany us."

The raven looked up confused. God, those eyes would drive him crazy one day.

"Suga will explain everything tomorrow. You can sleep in this bed for tonight," Jimin said after he had gathered his mind that had gone all over the place from the younger's soft eyes. He was about to leave the room when the quiet voice stopped him.

"Can you stay?"

Oh, damn this cute face! It would become the death of him. Defeated, he sat backdown on the bed's edge while the younger crawled under the blankets. Like his mom had done when he had been small, he stroked through the raven strands and drew circles on the back of the other's head.    

>><<