Where does it begin

I awoke in nothingness. What happened? Did I die, I can't tell, I just feel, nothing. I neither heard nor saw nor felt a thing, but I didn't feel as though I was dead. That's when I saw it appear in front of me, a blue box of text, that said [Welcome Player, to the world of Remnant] I honestly thought that I was dreaming, so I tried to wake up, until I heard something, the only thing I heard in this place since I had awoken, a voice.
"Do not be alarmed, for this is not a dream. Now, my child, you may be asking 'am I really dead?,' well to answer it simply, yes, you are. But it was before your time to die, so I'm giving you a second chance at life."
This was insane, I was really dead, and if I remember anything from the fan fictions I've read, then I will most likely end up very over powered. "Now, first things first [Enter Name]"
[Entered "Ori"] "Well then, Ori, let's get down to who you will be in your new life, and don't worry, I have already consulted Oum about this"
I followed where the voice was coming from, and found a laptop on a table. It was pretty impressive as well, it was a tri-screen, with a two sectioned main screen
[Please Enter Race]
Options:
Human
Faunas
Grimm
???????(Unknown)
At seeing this, I did not know what to choose, Grimm was out of the question, unless in certain scenarios, Faunas were treated poorly, so by very bad racial discrimination chances I didn't choose it, there was Human, which was a very simple choice, then there was the Unknown option. "Ah, well, of course," the voice began "the Unknown option is the one that I had intended to take off before you had awoken, but I had forgotten to do so, it is actually not just one, but multiple different races together, so it would be better known as [Mutate] than anything else. It would start off as Human as default though, its your choice..." I had immediately chosen the Unknown option, just the way it was described was thrilling enough for me. "Interesting, but I won't press on to that right now. Well, on to choosing your appearance then."
The screen had changed to a sort if avatar creator application, it had the various, common settings, and even some less natural ones, then, once again there was the option of [Custom]. I of course went with this option. For hair, I chose to make it a shuffle between black with white tips, and white with black tips, and a strand of blood red coloration at a streak near the front. I gave myself heterochomic eyes, which ended up being distinctly serpent like, and having a deep jade green left eye, and darkly shimmering bloody crimson right eye. The build of the body was very loose, and it said I could adjust it over time, so I went a simple 6'9", with a well toned muscular body, not beefy and muscular, but not too skinny, so you can't say that I take steroids nor say that I'm a wimp. And to go with it, pale white skin, pale enough that I may be mistaken as ill.
"Are we finished here, good, now one final step, for now..." With that, I didn't know what he meant, but the screen had disappeared, and in it's place stood a pedestal, with markings, and seemingly a slot to place my entire arm in, which I did, only to begin feeling unimaginable pain and agony. I wanted to move, to free myself from that pain, but I was trapped. I watched as suddenly, a glowing aura burst out, surrounding my body, in the same colors as my hair, and the figure stepped forward, still concealed by the darkness. "Hello Ori, welcome to Remnant, you may call me,... OLG." It was all I heard them speak before I passed out.

A/n tell me what you think, I know, it's not what could be expected, but it is the first Gamer RWBY story out there to date, so I made it, Ciao!