Prologue

TEACH ME - Prologue

There are things that you love to death, like chocolate, indie music, a nice book, chicken nuggets and Camden Town.
There are also things that you hate, such as geography, humidity, Costa's espresso and the underground.
There are people you love, like your family, your sister Candice, James Franco and him, Harrison Osterfield, one of your best friends.
You don't remember very well when all this started, probably it was a slow process. To quote John Green you could say that you "feel in love the way you fall asleep; slowly and then all at once" but you hate John Green, so you just say that falling for your best friend was something unexpected. But how can you blame yourself? Harrison is one of the nicest person in the world, always caring about other people, with a world winning smile painted on his face 24/7. He is awesome, the guy that every mother would adore.
On the other hand, there are also people that you hate, an example? Tom Holland.
And this time you know damn well how all this hate begun. Tom is Harrison's best friend and they met the first year of high school during a football match. You don't really know what Harrison finds interesting in Tom, he is one of the most annoying person in the world and he's always acting like a dick when you are around them.
"I can't stand him anymore, Har. Like every time he opens his damn mouth I really want to punch him. Why do we have to keep this dead weigh with us?" you asked Harrison, almost exasperated.
Harrison chuckles and puts his arms around your shoulders, waiving at some schoolmates "Come on Y/N. He's not that bad. If you knew him like I do, you would adore him".
A shiver runs down your spine at the thought of you and Tom being friends.
"Maybe in an alternative universe" You sigh "By the way. What are you doing this Friday night? Can I tempt you with Netflix and chill?"
Harrison stops in the middle of the corridor, he looks around for a bit searching for the right words to say and then his gaze turns back on you.
"I'm sorry Y/N but tonight I have a... uhm, date with a girl, so..."
"That's great" you fake a smile "I'm so happy for you, I mean... it's great that you... you like girls and girls like you back. It's just... amazing. And honestly I'm not in the mood for Netflix and chill tonight." you lied.
God, you think, I'm so ridiculous,
Harrison smiles at you and squeezes you in a big hug "I knew you would understand" he whispers and you can feel your legs trembling "That's why you are my best friend."
You freeze for a moment and try to smile again when Harrison greets you before going to his next class.
You stay there for a while observing Harrison's tall figure disappearing in the corridors. A tear escapes from you lashes and you wipe your cheek trying not to be noticed by the other schoolmates.
In your mind there's a tempest of thoughts and all you want is going home and listening to Taylor Swift up to become deaf.
"You're so pathetic" someone behind you says.
You freeze again.
"Not now, Holland. I'm not in the mood of hearing your nasty comments." you answer him back.
"If you really want to be noticed by Harrison we have to work together."
You turn back to look at him.
"I... I don't know what you are talking about" you stuttered "I have to go to class now"
You try to make a move but Tom stops you holding your wrist.
"Darling, your crush for Harrison is so obvious that I want to vomit every time you look at him with hearts in your eyes." he makes a disgusted face "but I'm here to help you"
Again, your mind was full of thoughts.
"Do you think Harrison knows I like him?" you ask almost scared. You don't like showing yourself so vulnerable in front of Tom but you really want to know the gravity of the situation.
"No, he doesn't know. And I won't say anything. Honestly I'm here to help you."
You look at Tom sideways "Why would you like to help me if you hate me?"
Tom sighs and he puts one hand on his heart "Because I'm a very nice guy and helping you with my precious advices is like doing some charity".
You roll your eyes "So what's your plan, Genius?"
Tom smirks "I'll give you a few lessons about how to flirt with a guy, how to kiss, things you can say during a first date and so on."
You look at him in disbelief "Are you serious? No way!" you move away from him "First of all, you are rude. Secondly, I don't need help, or maybe I do but I can barely stand you it's just a suicide mission."
Tom crosses his arms, his smirk never left his face "Let's take a shot. If it doesn't work I promise I won't speak to you in a million years".
You look at the floor unsure about the whole situation "Ok" you sigh.
"Nice choice, darling" Tom winks "I'll text you my address so you can come at my place tonight and please" he makes a pause "wear something nice".

hello there :)
I'm Lena, maybe some of you already know me from Tumblr. If you like it put a star.
Love ya