maybe

maybe it was just the way her hair fell in front of her face when she wasn't even paying attention.

maybe it was just the way her smile was always the biggest around me.

or maybe it was just the way her mood changed when she looked at me.

I don't know what it was, but she was everything i wanted, and i think she wanted the same.

maybe it was the time we almost kissed for the first time, at a football game we went to together, our high school team sucked but we went for the enjoyment. just as friends kept going through my head the whole time but it clearly wasn't that way. the team had finally scored a touchdown and with excitement running through her blood she looked over into my eyes and leaned in. I did the same. but of course, some drunk kid wrapped his arms around us and put his head between ours. we laughed it off.

maybe it was the way she hated amusement parks but knew i loved them and still went with me. she cared about me.

perhaps it could be the way that she dressed in her own way and never cared what anyone ever said about her. she had a nice spunk about her.

maybe it was her poetry, she wrote like nobody else i have ever read. she's the most talented writer I've ever met.

maybe it was the way when we did share our first kiss at a warm coffee shop on a snowy day and she looked up at me and smiled and told me that my lips tasted like coffee. she hates coffee but she still pressed her lips against mine once more.

maybe it was the time that she stood on top of the school lunch table exclaiming to everyone in that cafeteria how in love she was with me, just to show me that there was always someone somewhere who loved me. she made me feel like nothing I've ever felt before.

maybe it was on graduation day when i was a complete mess knowing i had to leave her and she grabbed my hand and squeezed it to reassure me that no matter where our paths take us we will always be together.

maybe it the was day i was sitting at that same coffee shop that we shared our first kiss, i hadn't seen her in four years and then she walked in. we exchanged glances and she froze in her spot tears welling up in her eyes.

maybe it was when she ran up to me wrapping her arms around me whispering into my ear that she had never doubted that we would see each other again. she told me that when I went to harvard and she waited right here for me, all four years.

maybe it was the fact that my heart bursted out of my chest when she told me that she couldn't bare to even look at another boy all those years was gone, and i had the glory of telling her the same.

maybe it was the day at the park we were walking hand in hand and i finally had the courage to ask her to marry me. across the street was the coffee shop.

but what i know made me fall in love with you all over again was the day i got to see you in a white sparkly princess wedding dress walking over to come and marry me. not the kid you messily made out with at that party we went to our freshman year, me.

star butterfly diaz, i am in love with you. and i thank you for all those years of love and happiness you've brought to me and our child. happy tenth anniversary love.

—————-
i don't know what this was, I'm pretty sure it was a love letter ???? ok let's go with that. but oh my god. TEN THOUSAND READS.
MY BRAIN CANNOT FATHOM THE FACT THAT TEN THOUSAND OF YOU HAVE READ MY BOOK. THANK YOU!!! love you merry late Christmas.