Sick

My name is Taylor.  I am sick.  Not like the flu or common cold. No way.  I wish I was that lucky. My sickness is a disease and it runs deep in my mind.  It affects every aspect of my life and my relationships and my work and my education.  It affects it all. It won't go away.  It's there, forever branding me and I have to learn to cope with it. But it's very,  very difficult. Depression is the hell inside of me.  And it's real.  It's a mental illness to where you feel numb and just cannot bring yourself to care. 

That's not all. I suffer anxiety.  Anxiety makes it to where I feel too afraid to ask for simple things, too scared to live my life.  It keeps me awake at night paranoid.  It is where you care far too much.  It eats you on the inside out. It confuses you to where you overthink and feel things irrationally and worry far too much. 

Now let's take a moment and look at this. I am too numb to care about anything and I'm always sad.  But then, I also care too much and worry over little things.  This is a personal hell. Demons I have to face every single day.  Every day.  Everyday I feel like I am being drowned in dark shadows and I feel I have no way to breathe, I have no way out. It's all the same feelings.  Just staying.  It's a promise. A disease.  A hell.

It's been almost ten years since the day that changed my entire life. And  I wouldn't go back and change it for the world.  It was hard times and very rough to cope. But in the end,  I am okay. I am okay.  I'm not as sick as I once was.