First Day of School

It felt like I had not been asleep for ten seconds when I smell bacon and eggs and feel the light coming through my small window. 

"Rise and shine! Got to get to school!" My dad was knocking on my door and sighing and lifting my head, I greet the day with a sleepy grump. I look over to the mirror and cringe.  My brown hair was a mess and my face was puffy from crying last night.  My eyes looked...lifeless. I throw my blankets to the side and brush out my tables and pull on a band tee with ripped skinny jeans.

I walk into the kitchen with my phone pressed behind me, and music on. I was rocking my head to Follow My Lead when dad placed a plate of bacon and eggs towards me.  "Eat up." I look at him and just stare.  What the hell? I take out my earbuds and click my tongue.  "I don't eat bacon, and I hate you. " Getting up for the table I walk out. 

I'll admit... I'm far too mature for this.  I really don't hate my dad and I know I'm acting like a child but I want him to hurt.  He left mom. And me. He tore our family apart. I hurt inside because of him.  So why do I have to suffer here? I shake my head and roll into the bus,  without thinking.  I'm the new kid.  So naturally...