001

Mike's POV

I woke up at 7:00 in the morning. August 22nd, school started. I'm really excited because El's starting school this year. Hopper said that thanks to Dr. Owens, El wouldn't be a "lab experiment" anymore. I got ready, ate breakfast, and left to school.

Once I got to school, I found Max, Lucas, Will, Dustin, and Eleven waiting for me by the stairs. "Hey guys!" I said as I walked up to them.

"Hey Mike" Max said, "Hey dude" Dustin replied. Will, Dustin, Lucas, and I were talking about our game of D&D. "The Beholder would've killed you if it weren't for me!" Lucas exclaimed. "Yeah but I was fighting the Owlbear, how was I supposed to fight both?!" Will said.

"Are we all just gonna ignore the fact that I killed the Drow?" Dustin said raising one eyebrow. "The Drow isn't even that hard to-" Lucas said, but I lost my focus on the conversation. I noticed someone, a girl. She had h/c hair. She was wearing a yellow plaid skirt with a navy blue shirt tucked in and a white sweater.

She was reading a book close to the entrance of the school. She looked up from the book and glanced at me, and smiled. I waved in response. Not long after, the school bell rang. We rushed to our homeroom. It was kind of difficult for me to focus because I couldn't get her e/c eyes out of my head.

Once we got to our homeroom, I sat in the front. Once the bell rang again, Mr. Clarke started class. I looked at the door because I saw someone, I think it was the new principle. He knocked on the door until Mr. Clarke opened it.

He stood in the entrance of the class. He was talking to the new principle but something was weird, I kept staring at the person behind him, noticing familiar details about their outfit. Mr. Clarke came back in with the girl. "Dustin, drum roll please" Mr. Clarke said.

"Class of mine, please welcome the beloved y/n l/n. He said with jazz hands. I kept looking at her, I looked away once she noticed.

Y/N's POV

"Please welcome the beloved y/n l/n!" Was what the teacher, Mr. Clarke said. I chuckled at his jazz hands. I was standing by his desk waiting for the papers he said he would give me. I noticed a boy, the one from earlier staring at me.

"Okay, sit next to Mike" Mr. Clarke said pointing to the boy. A girl was sitting next to him, she had short curly hair. She stared at me intensely as I sat where she used to sit. Mr. Clarke had moved her from next to Mike, to behind him.

"Hi" he said smiling. I looked to my right to face him. "H-hi" I said with a light smile. The class was pretty interesting to be honest. Science has always been my "Special Subject".

Time skip
To lunch

Mike's POV

At lunch, I sat with of course, my friends. "Dang it!" I head Dustin yell. "What?" Max asked. "I left my lunch money at home!" Dustin said hitting the table. "I'll buy you food, I have like $20" I offered. "Really? Thanks man!" Dustin said.

I walk to the lunch line, it was pretty short thank god. "Is this the lunch line? I'm new here so I don't really know..." a girl said. I turned around to see who it was. "Oh! Yeah it is, sorry" I said nervously. It was y/n. She looked really, really pretty up close.