Chapter 1 - Monday Morning

-Thalia's pov-

A loud, continuos tone was what awoke me that Monday morning. 

Beeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeep

Beeeeeeeeep

Letting out a groan, I extended my arm to the side, knowing exactly where the alarm clock was, and hit it hard. In fact, it might have been a little too hard. The clock was sent tumbling down from the windowsill and hit the ground with a loud crash. Screws, glass and pieces of metal flew in every direction. 

A scowl planted itself on my features as I sat up in my bed. What a great way to start my first day of High School

Too tired to really think, I put down my feet on the floor. Which, of course, was full with metal and glass. Just as I realized what I was doing I felt a painful stab in my foot. I jumped back into the bed with a loud shriek. 

Careful not to touch the bottom part of my foot, I took my ankle in my hand and examined my injury. It was a little piece of glass that had been pushed half a centimeter or so into the flesh. The edges of the wound were already colored a deep red. Just as I sat there looking at my foot, the door opened with a slam, startling me.

"Thalia!" My mom Trina looked at me with an expression of fear, confusion and anger, all at once. "What the bloody hell happened here?" She took a look around as I started to explain.

"I'm sorry, mom. I was going to turn the alarm off, and I accidentally pushed it to the ground, so it broke. Then I put my foot in it" She looked at me, the confusion in her face being replaced with compassion. 

"Oh, honey. Are you okay? I'll get something to clean this mess up, and then we'll take a look at your foot" she said, rushing out of the room. 

Sighing, I took my phone from the bedtime table. It was just 6.30 AM, and I only had to be off at 8. I scrolled a bit further down and came across a text from my friend Stephanie. 

Steph: are u awake yet? remember u gotta be outside at 8 if we're gonna drive u :)

I quickly replied.

Me: i'm awake. and no, i haven't forgot =) see u then

Right when I put my phone down, mom appeared at the door and immediately went to work. Ten minutes later my room was perfectly cleaned, and my injury was fixed. It had been so tiny that I could actually walk without pain. 

My mom exited and I started to pick out todays clothes. I opened the doors to my closet and picked out a dark green cropped hoodie and high waisted ripped jeans. After getting dressed I went down the stairs, where I was greeted by my mom and dad, Derek. 

"Hey Tal! I heard about your little 'accident' from your mother here" my dad said with a playful grin making his face look ten years younger. Mom just smiled.

I pouted. "It was not funny!" I knew I sounded like a five year old, but I didn't care. 

Chuckling a little, my dad handed me a sandwich. Salami and vegetables. Just how I like it. I smiled and thanked him, before sitting down at the table. I devoured the sandwich in a minute, and stood up from my chair. 

I took a look at the clock by the kitchen table. 7.00 AM. I had loads of time, so I better spend it on making sure I'll look good on my first day of High School. 

I went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I was a mess. My light brown hair looked like someone had rubbed my head on the ground and I had bags under my eyes. Well, I at least have something to do with all this time.

I started by putting my hair up in a messy bun to keep it out of my face. Then I washed my face and did my makeup, like usual. I just filled in my eyebrows, put some concealer on, a small cat eyeliner and some natural eyeshadow. That'll have to do.

After that I put my hair down and brushed through it. I didn't really have the energy to do something special with it. 

I exited the bathroom and looked at the clock. Oh shit. It was already 7.55. I ran up the stairs and into my room, grabbing my phone, a notebook and a pen. I threw it all into my backpack and ran down the stairs. 7.58. Crap. Why is there that no matter how early I wake up, I always finish everything the very last minute?

I grabbed my coat and slipped on some sneakers. "Bye!" I shouted into the house. I got a faint "bye" back from my dad. Smiling a little, I swung the door open, just to see a dark green jeep pull up at my house. I knew that jeep. 

Beaming, I jogged over there and opened one of the doors to the backseat. 

"Tal!"

.

.

.

okay, so chapter one is done:) i'll try to publish another one tomorrow, maybe two. please let me know what you think of this in the comments! 

bye lovelies:)