Chapter 2

After one year, two months and five days, my stay at the hospital which I now knew as Bolajoko's Memorial Psychiatrist Hospital was over. It was both exhilarating and terrifying.

I was eager to look for Boyen. Was he even alive? What about Mene? I dreamt of her so often and missed her terribly. Another nagging concern was finding my family and asking them why no one came to look for me. Why was I abandoned like a curse to die? I had so many questions that I needed answers to.
As I sat on the tiny mattress and watched Nurse Ebele pack my meagre belongings, I realised how much this place had become home to me; a home that had given me answers to many questions I had all my life but also left me with a few more questions. Questions about my heritage and how much of who I am was as a result of my so-called reincarnation and how much was as a result of science? Or was I a result of both?

The loud shriek from Hauwa, the new patient who was apparently having one of her many hallucinations drew me from my reverie. All my questions would have to wait; I had living to get back to.

"Uredo, you don't look excited oh. Are you not happy to go home?"

"I am.... I am not sure." I stammered.

"Do you want me to call anyone to pick you. It will lighten the anxiety o."

I rubbed my forehead. I was beginning to have a headache just thinking about where to go from here and the anxiety was making my heart race.