Prologue

When there are new set of faces to deal with, different environment to live on. When you know the experience will be different from what you had before and you are separated to the people you used to spend your everyday life with. When changes is coming and you are aware of it's arrival, that's what you call a new beginning.

There is a hope lingering with new beginning because it somehow tells us that we can now start again; start better, start stronger. Without doing the same mistakes that will forever hunt us - they are the reasons why we have regrets.

But no matter how it screams hope, I don't like it.

New set of faces so that means adjustment. I am not a pro in adjusting, para akong bagong panganak lagi kapag iba ang taong kaharap ko. I love familiarity, I love being on my comfort zone because only on my comfort zone, I could be the realest form of me.

I hate getting to know new people because it's either they are someone you can depend on which is a good thing but they could also be someone who could betray you, something that I can no longer bear to experience. Okay na ako sa mga kilala ko because right now I know who has beast hiding inside them and those who looks like they are up to something bad but are real angel inside.

I am separated to the people I used to spend most of my days with, so as someone who prefers being with people that proves the longevity of our relationship, I don't think I will ever find new set of people I could spend my coming days with.

Changes sucks, having to adjust sucks. Bakit ba kasi kailangan mag hiwahiwalay kapag college? Pweding sa iisang course na lang kami? Bakit ba andami ring school?

"Good morning Lucriana Marie,"

Finally, someone who is actually familiar. Claud Riley Velasco is in the house!

"You know how I hate my name but because you're here, I'll let it pass," Lumapit ako sa kanya nang bahagya, "Someone was about to approach me, buti nalang sakto ang dating mo so she stepped back. I can't drain my non-existence social battery just yet."

Umiling lang siya habang may maliit na ngisi sa mukha. We enter the room filled with unfamiliar faces.

We're not transferred student, in fact we received loyalty award from this school during the graduation, pero dahil iba na ang mga tao, bago ang pakiramdam. The place is very familiar but the feeling is different.

We sat at the back dahil puno na sa harapan. Everyone seems close, perhaps they know how to socialize. Sa group chat palang kasi ay nag introduce yourself na sila.

Tumingin ako kay Claud, tahimik lang siya habang naka pikit. Typical Velasco. Sa dami naming magkakaibigan bakit kami lang kasing dalawa? Mukhang literal na matutuyo ang laway ko sa isang to.

"If you're bored try to socialize Crim, you can drain your social battery with people you flirt with, for sure 10% would be enough to make a friend."

So marunong palang mang asar ang isang Velasco.

Umirap ako. "Open your eyes and just talk to me, that would be enough."

Gaya nang sinabi ko, binuksan nga niya ang mga mata niya.

He look at me. "There's nothing we can talk about," He said.

Of course there's none kung siya ang tatanungin, wala naman kasing alam gawin ito kung hindi makinig lang sa daldalan naming magkakaibigan. He won't even join on the conversation of boys about computer games because apparently, he is also not into those. Hindi ko nga alam paano nito nakakayanan na maging siya, his life seems boring.