5

Luciano stared at a blank space on his office desk, with his head leaning on his hand, propping it up as the other tapped quietly. He couldn't get his mind of his close encounter with Dio. He had an overwhelming desire to kiss her and wondered if he would've actually acted upon it if Joshua, William, and Miguel hadn't walked in. He knew it wasn't one of those moments where a kiss was needed, just contact of skin and silence was enough, but he wanted more. He hoped Dio did too but her speech was causing so much doubt in his head.

"If I had to take over a million bullets just so you'd live, I'd do it in a heart beat because my life is meant to serve." Did that mean she would just save him because of the money? No, people kill over money but they wouldn't kill themselves for the safety of another over money. It had to mean something more. And the only reason he kept pressing this issue is because he's only ever felt this way once.

After he raised his company to the top he realized he missed a lot of his early twenties and decided to experience them before they fully left him. Endless amount of nights where he'd go out get drunk bring random girls to the apartment or go to theirs and just fuck until they'd pass out from exhaustion. Then after nearly a year of living that way, he met Madeline. A consistent and stable fuck buddy that he actually enjoyed spending his time with. He'd spent most of his nights and morning with her. Her companionship was the only thing keeping him stable in a fast paced world of get money and get old. But once he found himself actually develop feelings he became afraid and cut it off. Never going back to her until the night of the shooting.

He glanced at his watched and realized it was time to go home. He stood up, grabbing his wallet and phone making sure his desk was locked and walked out of his office hearing it click. He walked out to see Dio standing with her coat on and bag over her shoulder, waiting for him. Once she saw him she walked straight to the elevator and pressed the button, Luciano following in silence. They hadn't spoken since they were 'caught' and Dio left immediately to the apartment across the hall. And it remained that way as they drove home, not even the radio played because the tension was to thick in the air to try and cut it.

~

Luciano sat in front of his couch flipping through channels mindlessly as he tried to get his mind off Dio. He heard the door close because Joshua's shift of watching him had ended and he was waiting for whoever was next, of course hoping it was Dio. He heard the door open again turning his head to see, William, he turned his head back to the TV and leaned back on the couch putting his feet on the coffee table, sighing. 9 o'clock, hours since he'd last seen her.

"Why the pout?" William asks as he locks the door behind him and sits on a different couch diagonal to Luciano.

"No pout." Luciano says continuing to flip the channels. The two of them sitting in silence for good chunk of time until William stands up, stretching himself out groaning loudly in the process.

"So... About the other night-- what happened between you and Dio?" William asks and sits next to Lucianos feet on the coffee table, hunching over.

"Nothing." Luciano glances at him then back to the tv.

"I expect that from her, but not from you... And let me tell you sure didn't look like nothing. I haven't seen her that close to another guy without punching him the next second." Luciano pulls his legs down and sits up. "Ah, now I've got your attention."

"Do you think-- I don't even know what I'm going to ask you." Luciano sighs tossing the remote to the side of the couch.

"Well, I just came to find out information, if that makes you feel better. It was either me or Miguel and I didn't want to put you through his scowl and silence, he's very similar to Dio in that way. Hey, maybe that's why they're friends. Wait- no, it was this whole thing and then they just- psh- glue afterwards. I wonder why they aren't dating actually." William begins rambling and Luciano begins getting irritated.