Chapter One

After the attack, me and a few others ran for shelter. Most of us we're smart enough to know how to evacuate, we luckily survived the raid through our city by hiding in a sewer. The smell was putrid. I even found someone's dead fish and unsocialized cats scavenging for food.
Me and my dog Maxwell both we're the last in, I had no family so he was the only one I was worried about. There we're three more people in with me. One of them looked about 12, she huddled next to who I believe was her brother. "What's happening?" The little girl asked. I reached over to hug her, I noticed the fear in her eyes. She started crying. Her brother pulled her away from me. I was actually really offended by his act of hatred.
Someone finally asked, "Who are you people?" In a firm voice, he was at least 6'9 in height. The girl couldn't speak up, tears were falling from her eyes. " My name is Daniel, this is my LITTLE sister Rose. I don't want anything to do with you people so we'll be leaving soon don't worry." Her brother said. The little girl looked up at her brother, then at the rest of us; finally spoke up, " If we stay together we might survive." What she said was wise, especially considering her age. Her brother looked at her in distaste. I was really tired of Daniel's attitude. I interrupted him just as he was going to say something, "Well, my name is Brooklynn, but call me Brooke. It's nice to meet you all." Daniel turned away, he wasn't facing anyone but the tall unknown man. " And what might your name be?" I said looking towards the man. " Sorry for not introducing myself. My name is Travis, Travis Sales."
We slept there all night until we knew it was over. The next morning we went through our small town. Deserted. Travis pointed to a small grocery store, through the dead bodies; I carefully stepped over with the others.
Before we even reached the entrance, the doors automatically opened. I never really noticed how loud the doors were as they opened until now, the silence was most likely the cause. We looked around frantically; all the shelves were full of item just waiting for us to grab.
  I stuffed my book bag with food and drinks. I even took two huge bags of dog food for Maxwell. Daniel, of course, wasn't helping. Rose was trying to help with heavy things, she accidently dropped one of the bowls though. "I'm so sorry!" Rose said. " Don't say sorry to them." Daniel said in a shaky voice. He was either scared of me or Travis. I ignored Daniel and told rose," It's alright, we don't have to pay." A tiny smirk grew between her dimples.
We were done gathering items, but what could we do now? We had no service. We couldn't get help. Who knows if there's even help out there.