Chapter Seven

Of course Queenie hadn't told anyone to set out the chairs. Newt figured it was payback for expecting her to read his brother's mind. He was willing to accept that as he and Tina, along with Jacob, began to set out chairs and Queenie and Theseus began getting a suitable sized table out.

"Hey, Newt, do you think this table is big enough?" Queenie asked. The table wasn't too big but not too small, and seemed to be able to fit four people.

"Erm... use a spell to enlarge it and see if that would work. We don't want to be in each other's laps, now do we?" Newt said, laughing with Tina and Jacob at the end of his statement.

"Yeah, okay. Hey Newt?"

"Yeah, Queenie?"

"The Niffler is over here trying to steal another Shiny," she said, showing Newt where the little creature was, eyes big and a stash of jewels and gold in it's paws.

"Now, I thought I told you no more stealing," Newt said, his tone like that of a father speaking to a son after the son had done wrong. He flipped his creature upside down and began to shake it up and down, jewels and other various shiny objects falling out of its pouch and paws. "There," Newt said, putting it down gently and giving it a hug and a pat on the head before returning to his friends and brother. Theseus was looking at him wide-eyed when Newt sat in the chair, giving Tina a quick kiss before pouring tea for everyone.

"How?" Theseus asked after a minute.

"How what?" Newt asked in answer.

"How do you know what to do?" Theseus said this as he watched the Niffler scamper towards Newt and Newt picked it up, holding it like it was a baby.

"Because he's a brilliant genius, that's how," Tina said, her tone not rude.

"No I'm not," Newt said quietly.

"Honey, do you want me to make some pie or strudel?" Queenie asked, hoping to not have the Hufflepuff get embarrassed.

"Sure, thanks, Queenie. Pie should be fine." Newt answered. Queenie nodded as she began to work at the little space that was cleared out for possible cooking endeavors. She made the most of what she had and finished the pie as quickly as she could, listening in to the brother's catching up- and their thoughts.