4. Planning With The Twerp.

04. Planning With The Twerp.

"WHAT THE F" 

I was about to curse when I saw my mom looking at me indignantly, and I just give her a sarcastic smile. "—fafda." I mumbled lowly, barely a whisper.

"Yes, I made these fafda and jalebi for you, Anu," my mom looked at me, a sense of adoration in her eyes as she battted her thick eyelashes. "I know you must be bored of having pizza in Rome," she added hastily, rolling her eyes at me.

"Mom, I've been in Rajkot since two weeks, and all I'm eating is fafda and jalebi; the only difference being sometimes it's ordered from Jignesh's shop and sometimes you make it on your own." 

"I thought you must be missing eating them; you used to eat them on a regular basis when you were a kid." Mom hardly left any chance to make me feel how I'm still a kid in her eyes, but her ways of doing so were horrible. In the entire span of two weeks after I returned from Rome, mom was tossing all kinds of Gujarati dishes in my mouth. Sometimes, I found myself thanking God that I was set up in a Bengali family for my marriage; Advay was a great cook, and he made amazing luchi which was my favorite.

"Mom, I was a kid," I told her, air-quoting "a kid", resulting in mom rolling her eyes at me. 

"Even Advay loves eating Gujarati cuisine," mom muttered under her breath. I snapped my gaze towards Advay who flashed me an awkward smile. "He was the one who told me to make fafda and jalebi today."

Advay was my fiance, but you could say my family too was in a little love with this man. My mom loved Advay because he always helped her in preparing lunches; and his expert opinion always added flavor to my mom's dishes. My Uncle loved Advay because he knew so much about the sensex and share marketting stuff, that he could actually consult him instead of spending his money on baseless legal consultants. My little brother, Arjun loved Advay because he loved comics and played soccer so well. 

I loved Advay, because come on, it was impossible to not love him; he was so goddamn lovable.

"You didn't, did you?" I narrowed my eyes at him. His smile dropped off his face, and I already knew my answer. "You know Advay, you're supposed to marry me, and not mom. So stop trying so hard to impress her, and remember... the way to the girl's heart is from her stomach."

"Which means I've to make luchi again," he grinned at me, and I nodded at him with a smile.

"If that's okay with you," I mumbled, knowing that he was in Rajkot for a business meeting. 

"Okay," he smiled at me, adjusting his specs on the bridge of his nose. I flopped towards him, giving him a side hug.

"But I won't permit," mom shook her head in denial. "What kind of mother-in-law I am? Making my own to-be-son-in-law cook food for my good-for-nothing daughter."

I just rolled my eyes at her, "I can cook pasta, pretty much anything in Italian cuisine." I defended myself while Advay threw a grin at me. I swear to God, if Uncle and Arjun were home right now, they would've instantly jumped to my defense. But fuck the guy who opened the amusement park, Arjun was so enthusiastic to go to. Ugh.

"And I love her anyway, cook or not." Advay sheepishly smiled, giving me a small peck on my forehead. I just stared at him, startled. 

What did I do to deserve such a perfect man? I wondered, letting out a frustrated ugh. He's so goddamn perf—

My thoughts were put into a shocking halt when the door bell rang. Mom and Abeer shared a look wondering who could it be at our home after 10 p.m.

Letting out an exhausted sigh, I trudged towards the door, opening it slightly only to be swept away by a familiar presence.