II - I put a spell on you

"I put a spell on you

Because you're mine

You better stop

The things that you're doin'

I said, Watch out!

I ain't lyin', yeah!"

•  

"Hey there, pretty lady." Rosemary smirked as Nancy got into her car. There was a lit cigarette between her fingers, and the smoke drifted away from them as she leaned her hand out of the car window. "Hows your morning been?" She took one last drag, exhaling as she flicked the cigarette out of the window, and put her car into gear to pull out of her driveway. One of the perks of living next door to one another was how easy it was for Nancy to get a ride from Rosemary to school - it beat getting a ride from her mom by miles.

"Mike was being disgusting." Rosemary laughed easily at that, and Nancy rolled her eyes with her, a smile playing on her lips. She'd been in awe of Rosemary for a long time now. She was just so different from everyone else in Hawkins - not that there was much wrong with them, but they were all so ordinary. Rosemary was all leather jackets and red painted lips, and dark eyes hidden behind sunglasses. She was beautiful.

Devastatingly so, Nancy thought.

Rosemary was in the grade above her, with the likes of Carol and Steve Harrington. Nancy found it a miracle they even became friends - it was only because of her mother wanting to be welcoming to the poor foster child next door. They found her in the woods, she'd told her years ago. Poor girl deserves some friendly faces.

Rosemary had been terrified of them when she first met them, but she had put on a form of aggression to cover that up. She was slow and reserved and Nancy didn't think they would get along at the time. But within four months Rosemary had adopted her badass persona, had claimed Nancy as a friend, and soon it wasn't Rasemary being scared to talk to people. It was people being nervous to talk to Rosemary.

But she's always been kind towards the Wheelers. An unlikely sweetheart, really.

"How so?" She asked, and Nancy scrambled to remember what they had been talking about. How so? How so- Mike! That was it.

"He was putting Maple syrup in his scrambled eggs, and put them in mine when I called him out for how gross it was." Rosemary grimaced but was laughing slightly, not to Nancys surprise. Rosemary more often than not encouraged Mikes annoying nature, so it was only expected for her to find it funny.

"That's rank." She said as the school came into view. "But I mean, what do you expect? It might taste great. Did ya eat it?"

"No. And don't you dare even try it." Nancy rolled her eyes as Rosemary parked her car. Rosemary smirked at her and moved her sunglasses down her nose so that she could shoot her a wink.

"Trust me, princess. I will. How 'bout I give you a big ol' kiss after so you can taste it too?" Nancy grimaced shaking her head and muttering 'gross' before she opened the car door, not liking to admit how she blushed at the last comment. Rosemary was always like that, it wasn't like it meant a whole lot.