12. Vampires

"Take me to him."

I was barely able to hear those four words due to how quiet but infuriated he sounded. His body is shaking, as was mine, but with different reasons. Him with anger, and I with fear not only for myself, but for him. I could not even contemplate properly what he just blurted out. I couldn't speak nor breath.

"That is not wise, wolf." The vampire ridiculed, turning his body as he begins to leave.

"Take me to him if you know what's best for you."

My blood runs cold as my body remains petrified from fear. Lysander glanced at me, and I had seen pure rage in his eyes. I shook my head and sent him a pleading look, silently begging him not to go with his reckless plan. "D-don't." It was all I could choke out.

The vampire slowly turned his body to focus on me. He has a wicked grin on his lips as he ran in front of me, which almost seemed like magic as it was impossibly fast. His red eyes dilated while I cowered in fear, not knowing what to do. I could hear Lysander screaming, "What are you doing?!" He was ready to attack, but the vampire did not even touch me.

I couldn't tear my gaze from the vampire's red eyes. It suddenly glowed into bright green, and I felt this overwhelming tiredness enter my body. My vision started to darken as my body begin to weaken. The last thing I was able to see is the vampire's grin spreading and Lysander running to catch me as I collapsed.

***

When I returned to consciousness, I found that I was back in my apartment. In my room with complete darkness and silence. I reached my mirror and saw that I had no marks of injury. Not a scratch. It is only six in the afternoon, so Eva is still at work and Rami is still interning at Silverstein.

I knew it wouldn't work, but I picked up my phone and called Lysander. But of course, I ended up with that robotic voice telling me to leave a voicemail.

"Fuck."

My heart started to pound as my mind thought of many scenarios of where Lysander is right now. That vampire took Lysander to a place full of vampire. The only living werewolf had gone to a place full of vampires. That doesn't sound good to me in any sense and I am terrified.

I need to look for him.

***

I didn't bother taking my car, which just somehow happened to be parked in front of the apartment, as I walked through the quiet streets of West Grove. I'm sure I looked ridiculous, like a mother looking for her lost child. Only, I'm looking for my lost werewolf that is over a hundred years old.

The forest is where I decided to check. I returned to where we were earlier, but there was no sign of a werewolf and a vampire being there. I searched for about an hour when I lost daylight. Still, I continued. Sure, I saw a shit ton of creepy animals but I kept on going.

Eventually, I became exhausted and rested by a little pond. When I was catching my breath, I heard twigs snapping behind me. Instantly, I pulled out my pepper spray from my pocket and backed away, ready to face whoever is about to kill me.

Though, instead of launching at me like I was expecting, the person stepped away from the tree he was hiding and rested his back against it, facing me with his arms crossed. Red eyes, black hair, and a mischievous smirk that hides those sharp fangs. He's wearing all black. Formal, entire black suit and tie. Although his presence brings a certain dark and powerful aura, his appearance wasn't much to be feared for.

He is just as young as the vampire from earlier, if not a year older. I'd say he's 19 year old or younger. However, he is indeed a vampire so I am sure he is much older than that. It's just that he has the face and body of a teenage boy. He's skinny and tall, but like I said, I'm sure there's more than meets the eye.