CONPLATLE

You and Me. Our Story.

Seminar. Your club organization assisted the visitors and the school paper organization covered the event. Both of us were there. I'm the photo journalist and you are doing your job as an officer. We talked sometimes because I was also a part of the student council and both organizations are helping. Because of that, we become a little bit close to each other.

I know you. We're both on the crème of the crop section. You're good at many subjects, especially math. Top 2 in the whole class. You're 2 years older than me. Akala ko magiging mag-kaibigan pa tayo. We don't have any communication. We're just friends on facebook. That's all. I gave you and the whole organization a key chain when we got back from travelling. I considered all of you as my friend because you we're good to me. Well, we're friends but not a close friend. After that, we just become a normal school mate.

I also remembered when you chatted me. It was a bit long and I'm happy about it but Ate Anjela, one of your close friend and also my friend told me that she was the one who chatted me. I was extremely sad because I assumed that it was you. I was so happy when you said hello, ask me how I was, and when you said Goodnight. That was our first and last not-so- true conversation.

"Ma'am pwede po ba i-excuse si Lia?" Kuya Chester excused me in our class to borrow a lot of scientific calculators because you and your friends didn't bring it. There, I saw you up close again. Sayang lang at hindi yung calculator ko ang napa-punta sa'yo but that's okay. At least, I saw you again.

It's funny that I call you "Kuya" knowing that I have a secret crush on you. Hindi alam ng mga classmates at officers ng student council na crush kita because I was never vocal to them. I continue to admire you a far.

Time comes that I found out that you like a girl who is a freshmen in our school. You and her brother are friends. Sinabi ko sa sarili ko na ayos lang 'yon dahil paghanga lang tingin ko sa'yo. It is not love. My best friend know my secret and her sibling is the best friend of the girl you like. Nang dahil sa best friend ko ay naging updated ako sa inyong dalawa.

Kahit na alam ko na mas nagiging malapit kayo sa isa't isa, I continue to admire you and time flies that I admire you more than before lalo na noong naging part ka din ng Film Production ng school. You we're the director. I'm so amazed because you play a guitar, you're smart tapos naging director ka pa.

Through kuya Chester who is also an officer of the student council, I watched your film in advance kahit na bawal pa iyong ipakita sa iba.

Sunday. I remember you together with your sister, attending the mass at church in our town. I was surprised to saw you there. I was so happy but I can't let my parents saw me with that reaction dahil baka mahuli nila ako.

You didn't saw me there but you're sister smiled at me even though she didn't know my name. Maybe she remembered me as one of her schoolmates when she was still studying there.

Few months 'till your graduation and we still don't have a proper conversation. I wasn't expecting though.

Parehas tayong naging busy sa school and organizations pero patuloy padin ako sa pag hanga sa'yo.

Dumating na yug time ng graduation mo and I congratulate your classmates who became my friends. I want to congratulate you also but I don't have the guts. I'm not a shy type of person pero kapag ikaw ang pinag-usapan, nahihiya na agd ako. Sayang lang dahil hindi ako ang nag-cover ng graduation. Wala tuloy akong na-capture na picture mo.

On that day, it's a Goodbye.

After four months of having no updates about you, I'm happy. I forgot you for a while. Hindi ko naalala na gusto kita. Pero mapaglaro nga talagaang tadhana. Last subject before our class dismissal, you visited our school. Pinuntahan mo lahat ng nagging teachers mo, at kasama na doon yung teacher namin. I was shocked noong pumasok ka ng room. All of us wentt silent because of you. All of us knew that you are a genius and because you're a senior.

I was hoping that your eyes will catch mine. I was hoping you would notice me. But that didn't happen. It's okay. I already accepted that you will never notice me.

Again, everything went back to normal. I'm happy again without seeing you. A big blessing came because I became a part of the school's film production where you became the director of your batch. Kuya Gab is the new director of the batch and me together with my two classmates joined them because we are going to be the future members of the production. I was so happy. And then they talked about how you helped them in their film. Nadagdagan na naman ang paghanga ko sa'yo. At ikaw ang naging rason kung bakit mas lalo kong minahal ang pagiging cinematographer at photo journalist.

The filmers are talking about you kahit wala ka. I heard all their admiration to you. Again, ilang buwan na hindi kita nakikita.

Dumating ang December. I am active in the church. I'm serving the Lord there. I was about to enter the church when I saw you together with your family. Sobrang saya ko noon dahil nakita kita. Sobrang bait talaga ni God sa akin. Naisip ko na sa labas lang ako para Makita kita dahil sikip na sa loob ng simbahan. But I can't do it. I came to the church because I want to serve the Lord and not to see you. God is so good that he gave me a chance to see you so close kahit na saglit lang.

They almost caught me looking at you you and smiling like an idiot. Buti na lang magaling ako gumawa ng dahilan.

I am happy because you're one of my inspiration in studying. You became my motivation to study very hard. Masaya ako dahil naranasan ko magka-gusto sa isang tao because I'm always having my attention to social media. I must accept the fact that you are just an inspiration and a motivation. We're not meant to be. Besides, we're also young. Madami pa tayong pagdadaanan. We will just focus on our own life but I will always admire you because of your personality and character and not because of your looks.

I chatted my best friend about you and she was also happy because she also saw her long-time crush also known as my boy best friend. I asked her something about you. A few seconds and she replied.

There. I saw it. It is said that I an not allowed to see you. Till the next time.

conplatle

The End