Part One

When the moon fell in love with the sun

All was golden in the sky

All was golden when the day met the night

~"When The Day Met The Night", Panic! at the Disco

The first thing I ever noticed about you was your eyes. They were the purest, softest shade of brown. They were the warmth you felt lying in a patch of sunlight. They were the feeling in your chest when you embraced someone you loved. And I did. Love you, I mean. You were really and truly mine.

I have always thought of it as fate. When we met I was surrounded by my first love - books. You were sixteen and had taken a part-time job at a bookstore. I was sixteen-and-a-half, and falling in love.

A heart young and pure, innocent and bold. Fragile, not quite ready to be broken.

I loved reading and naturally, I was a regular at the store. After a while, you started making jokes about my attachments and fangirl obsessions. I laughed. You asked for my number. I gave it to you. We had long chats late into the night - originally about books, but slowly talking about family, school, friends.

You made the first move. You asked me out.

From then on, hanging out together became a regular activity. I enjoyed your presence and you did mine. The time we spent together was just so beautiful. I knew I was falling for you, like the way dark red leaves fall on the crunchy ground in autumn, and readily let myself do so.

I was so naïve. The higher you fly, the harder you fall.

I guess good things really aren't meant to last.

Even after the first heartbreak, the first sorrow...

I never thought I would lose you again.

Never thought I would lose you to It.

Isn't one broken heart enough for a lifetime?