Falling End

Today was the day you Found Eridan Beaten like a mauled cat.

Gog damn, was Eridan in a bad shape, but why didn't he seek out help or assistance?  "ED, you're  "Looking like a pawbeatht ripped your eyeth out, thcratched down your fathe, and bludgeoned you. Are you okay?" You asked the seadweller concernedly, unable to keep the disdain in your voice as he looked up at you, broken and depressed.

He was crying there alone, and you had to wonder if this was the cause of his absence in classes lately. John, Dave, Rose and Jade had all mentioned that Eridan was given a hard time for being so stuck up and odd-looking, even jumped sometimes.

Of course no one had spoken to the seadweller, but he hadn't approached anyone since you snapped at him one day a while back, beating his ass to a pulp, both emotionally and physically. The poor bastard of a highblood never stood a chance.

He didn't answer you, just standing slowly, "ED, anthwer me." You commanded, reaching for his arm.He evaded by turning on his heel, absconding as he left you behind, just frozen there for a moment.

"Dammit, Eridan. I'm not trying to fix you, jutht let me talk!" You snapped, finally moving to chase the fleeing male that was far ahead of you and out of earshot. He'd even locked the door to his hive, god damn it!

You groaned in frustration, cursing profanities at Eridan left and right. When you reached his hive, you pounded on the door, roaring for him to let you enter at that moment. There was no response from the violet-blooded troll, so you repeated your actions, yelling again and again, more desperate with every moment he didn't reply to your demands.

Finally, after what seemed like infinity, you used your psionics to snap the lock and deadbolt in the door, slamming it open. You froze at the sight of the dark hive. Violet blood spattered the carpets and floor, handprints of blood smeared over each wall like some human's demented Halloween party decorations. You rushed to his respiteblock, finding it empty and obviously unused, blood soaked his human recuperacoon, leaving you were part of the cause of this mess of blades and bloody gore.

THUMP.

A noise made you jump, the clatter of a blade, and dull bump of a body against a wet tile floor. You rushed for the bathroom, already seeing the blood soaking into the edge of the carpet underneath the door. You used your psionics once more to open the door cautiously. The scene unfolded and made you want to gag. "E--...ED..?" You choked out quietly, watching his body for signs of response.

Nothing.

You sank down, crawling towards Eridan and through his blood and scattered and severed fins without care. "S-shit, co-come on, ED…" You took him into your arms, careful of his injuries. "You…" You began, feeling yellow tears stab at the corners of your eyes."You promithed my you wouldn't do anything thtupid." You murmured, "W-wake up..Wake Up!" You shook him lightly, still getting no reaction out of him.

"You promithed me! Wake up! You have to wake up!" You begged, holding Eridan's lifeless form close.

"Eridan, gogdamn you, Wake the fuck up, it ithn't funny anymore!...Pleathe…"

"If Thith ith thome thick prank, you're taking it too far. Wake up."