Chapter 2: Witches & Wizards?

Snapes POV

BzZ BzZ BzZ

"Urgh.."

BzZ BzZ BzZ

"Okay okay geez.." i mumble to myself

BzZ Bz-

I slam my hand onto my clock. I rub my eyes and sit up. My vision was blurry. I run my hand through my hair and sigh. I was seeing Lily Evans today. Something about her seemed different then her sister. It wasn't the hair colour.. or the kind in Lily. I can't put my finger on it. Like a lazer pointer. I walk towards my wardrobe and pull out some clothes. I get changed and walk towards the living room and see my Nan piling now clean washing. I sit there and look at the wall for a bit. After getting up I head back to my room to grab the picture. I told it back up and put it in my pocket, just like the day before. I check the time. Already 9.30. I must've slept through my first alarm. I put my shoes on and make some breakfast. I gobble it down and leave my bowl in the sink for my Nan to tidy. I run up the hill with an Apple and a mini poem I wrote this morning. Now that I think about it I should of named it Lily instead of rose.. I sit by the tree. It seemed like forever but she finally arrives. I look at the sun, 11.30 I believe.

"Sorry I'm late.." She apologizes as she looks at me. There was blood on her lip and a light grey mark underneath her right eye. Also a little blood on her left cheek.

"You've got something.." I say wiping it off with my thumb, tears appearing in her eyes "Lily..?" I say before she tackles he into a hug. I don't know what to do so I pat her back. My arms slowly wrap around her. All of a sudden it hits me. She's a witch. We move down a little bit towards my house and lay on the grassy hill.

"Hey Severus.." She asks me as I look at her "if.. someone called you a freak.. how would you feel..?" I lay there thinking.

"Well.. I would laugh." I smirk. A confused look takes over her face
"why?" I ask "because they couldn't come up with a better way to hurt my feelings." She giggles and rolls towards me. My face grows hot as our body's touch. We hug once more, this time a much longer one. We stand up and head back to the tree. We carve out names into it as i put the picture of her down. Her face lights up.

"Lily?" I ask her. She looks at me "are we friends?" I ask her.

"Of course Severus! Best friends!" She smiles

"Well. Since we are 'best friends' I have something to tell you.. You.. You're a witch." I say smiling

"A-A witch?!?!" She says, shocked as i nod "magic isn't real?!.. is it..?" She's asks.

I step back and blow on the poem. It flys towards her, transforming into a Bird.

"Wow.." She says touching it. It lays into her hand and turns back to normal. She reads it aloud.
A gentle breeze
Caresses the still pond
Where willows weep
And thoughts can't sleep.
The lilies glide
Over the surface
Their white petals
Shining with potential.
One stands out
With its roots so deep
And its pink sheen glistening
With a unique, ambiguous glow.
So subtle
Yet so remarkable,
That a dragonfly
Takes pause in flight."

She looks at me in awe. She hugs me again. We let down and chat until sunset. I walk her homefor one final hug

"same thing tomorrow?" I ask. She nods. "Goodbye Lily.."

"Goodbye Severus"

I climb up the hill and look back. I smile and run back home. My Nan greets me and pulls out my dinner. I munch it as a sound is heard from the living room. A large square box. A picture is being shown from it. I bring my plate into the living room as the pictures move

"Television" my Nan says

"Nan! May i invite Lily over for a night?" I ask "if it's okay with her parents it's okay with me"she says smiling. After finishing my dinner I plop it in the sink and lay on the couch.  I soon fall into a deep slumber.

Word Count: 735