DKLA

Everything was going so well for Tyler. His channel was flourishing, LA was beautiful, he had a date with Aidan later that night, and he had found the cutest outfit for said date. He was flying high, and he thought there was no way to bring him down.

Although, he never could have expected this.

Tyler had arrived at the restaurant early. The waitress lead him to the table he had reserved and left him with a drink menu. Ordering his favorite drink, a strong whiskey, Tyler took out his phone and decided to go on Twitter.

He was scrolling through, when he noticed a tweet from one of his fans. He quickly responded with a few hearts and a short joke, and watched as the likes and responses rolled in. He had responded to a few more before the chair in front of him was pulled out from under the table.

"Mind if I sit here?" the cute twink said.

Tyler smiled mischievously. "I was wondering if you had stood me up."

"I could never. You promised that you'd remedy this relationship."

"Oh, so we have a relationship now, do we?"

Aidan grinned and slid into the chair he held out. "To quote a cute guy I met the other day, 'If this goes well...'"

But Tyler was no longer listening, because over Aidan's shoulder, he had caught a glimpse of bright blue eyes. It was just a glimpse, but it got his attention. He found the eyes once again, and traced them down the strong nose to the rosy pink lips that concealed the smile he loved so much.

He took a step around the table, and it was only then that he realized he was standing. His hands were shaking, his legs wobbly, his eyes searching for some sort of answer to the question he had been asking for the past six months.

He took another step toward the boy he had missed so strongly. Aidan turned in his chair, wondering what could have provoked such a visceral response in Tyler, and stood as well.

But Tyler had eyes only for the boy in front of him, the boy whose name left his lips in a strangled gasp.

"Troye..."

Troye seemed to be leaning towards Tyler as well, as though they were drawn together by an invisible elastic. He took a step towards Tyler, his face masking his warring emotions, before one won out.

Heartbreak.

He turned on his heel and ran from the crowded restaurant.

"Tyler—"

"Tyde—"

The two boys interrupted each other as they both tried to figure out what the other was doing there. Tyler felt his head spinning, as though now that his eyes weren't locked into Troye's, his thoughts were flying back into his brain from wherever they had been floating. He groaned, a deep, guttural noise, and ran too, towards the boy that he had run to many times before.

Tyde and Aidan looked at each other, both at a complete loss for words. "What... what just happened?" Aidan asked, shaken.

"Where do I start?" Tyde responded, taking Tyler's now-empty chair. Aidan found himself pulling his own discarded chair back up to the table and sitting too.

"How about... who are you all? How do you know each other? I barely know Tyler, I just met him today, but it's been kind of weird, he's famous, I guess? I looked him up on the way here and it turns out he's a... YouTuber? So what's going on? I thought I was just going on a date with a cute, successful guy, but I guess there more to it?"

Tyde shook his head, tired and worried about his brother but knowing that this boy in front of him was owed an explanation. "Tyler is a youtuber. He has over 8 million subscribers, and he was one of the first social media influencers. Have you heard of Troye Sivan?"

Aidan nodded. "He's that 'Youth' guy, right? My friend loves him."

Tyde made a noise of agreement. "He's my brother. You just met him. He and Tyler were... more than best friends. They had something that no one in my family has ever seen before.
"Tyler and Troye had something. No one knows what. They stopped talking, Troye left the US for a while and came home, but he wouldn't say a word about it.
"I think he got claustrophobic in our sleepy suburb, because one day he went out and decided with his record label that he was going to move out to LA to work on his music, and then he just stopped communicating. My parents sent me out to visit him for a while, and he'd changed so much.
"He doesn't talk anymore, he doesn't eat, he's always hungover. I don't think he's written anything since he got here. I barely recognize my own brother anymore."

Tyde was nearly in tears, but managed to hold it together long enough to tell the waitress that they wouldn't need either table anymore. He looked towards Aidan apologetically, then shrugged as a sort of goodbye. "I have to go find him."

Aidan shrugged back, still speechless. "Do you need any help?" He managed to pull the words together.

"Umm...." Tyde hesitated. "Here's my phone number, why don't we split up? Text me if you find him, but you might want to just let me come talk to him. He's bound to be really upset."

"Of course." Aidan understood, he wouldn't have wanted a complete stranger to come up to him when he was that confused and hurt either.

"Well, it was nice to meet you, I guess," Tyde made an attempt at a joke, but it fell through, and he turned away and out the door.

Aidan stood in the middle of The Cheesecake Factory alone, feeling more confused and conflicted than ever.

Aight. So I'm back, sorta. Basically I'm a new junior at a crazy intense private school, and it's soooo insane and I have no free time but also I have few creative outlets and it's building up in me and I had to let some of it out so I've been writing this whole car ride, instead of doing any homework like I should be doing. Buuuuuuut I got two chapters done, one for this and one for my other story How is He the Hero. I personally think it's pretty good, and I'd definitely recommend it if you like cute gay boys and angsty shit. Sooo yeah I'll try to update occasionally but no promises. I'm focusing on graduating, currently. Love you guys, and see you next chapter! *salutes*