Chapter 8: The Promise

Emma Blackery- The Promise

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+++Graduation Day+++

~~~Xander~~~

My nerves were getting the best of me as I turned around and looked in the mirror. I saw myself in my cap and gown. Ever since that day when Steven and I found out who we were, we have been inseparable. Of course, we had fights about him bullying me for a year but, we worked through it. When Papa told Dad and Steven's parents about our past Dad punched Steven in the face but, he eventually apologized and hugged him. Today was the day that every high school student would look forward to graduation.

I was excited but, I was also nervous because Steven was a little jumpier lately. I have a feeling about why which is also making me more nervous. Anyway, Samantha and I's friendship grew even stronger because of everything really. We are meant to be in each other's lives and we aren't going to fight it just embrace it.

I was broken out of my thoughts when Dad cleared his throat behind me. I could see the pride and his excitement swirling around in his eyes. Also the tears he refuses to let fall. I returned a happy smile to him in the mirror as I took off my cap. "Are you ready my little man," he said calmly. "No, but, I'll feel better once it's over," I said nervously. 

"Stop being so nervous nothing bad will happen kiddo," he said until I heard Papa shout from the other room, "If anything bad does happen I'll kick your father's ass because it is always his fault!" I just started to laugh and I heard Dad shout back to him, "Jackson Moody if you kick my ass you can sleep alone tonight then," he said sternly. "I-I was just kidding I love you, baby," Papa said flying into the room looking sad before he kissed Dad on the nose.

"Good," Dad said with a smile as he plucked him from the air and held him in a light fist as he walked out of my room. Holy crap parents can be embarrassing I thought until I thought of Steven and me and my face paled. "I'm turning into my parents...oh no" I basically whined. "Yes, our evil plan is working," Papa shouted at the doorway as he walked back into the room. 

"You're not helping!" I whined. "Oh please, at least you are turning into me and not your father," he said rolling his eyes. "You're lucky we will be alone tonight to make it up to me," Dad shouted which made Papa blush and me cringe with the force of a thousand sons. "YOU TWO ARE SO GROSS!" I shouted which earned a chuckle from both of them. 

"Everyone does it pumpkin. Now look at my little baby growing up," Papa said wiping away a tear. "Stop getting emotional on me, you are going to make me emotional," I said turning away so I don't see Papa tearing up. "Sorry, sorry, now let's get going you don't want to be late to your own graduation do you?" Papa said taking my hand in one hand and my cap in the other. 

As Dad was carrying us to the school my heart was beating out of my chest. I was worried about making a fool out of myself. I would be the one person who trips when they walk up to get their diploma (I actually did trip when I graduated :3). All of my nerves were on edge the closer and closer we got to the school. Ever since everyone found out I was the one Steven always talked about and that we found each other and were rude to each other they always looked at me. In the halls, people would see me and be quiet and look as I walked by. 

Steven would use my old name so I would use his nickname from when we were little and embarrass each other. I won't even want to talk about after we went through puberty because there was a janitor closet incident that got both of us suspended for a month. Just to put it in as few words as possible we are each other's drug of choice ;) 

I mean we have moments were we burn so bright that we burn out. Usually, when that happens we beg each other for forgiveness and move on. Just like everyone, we aren't the perfect couple but, we work hard to keep our relationship together. Love is only half of a relationship and both of us know that. The other half is trust, compromise, loyalty, and sympathy. 

I was shaken from my thoughts when I was sitting with everyone and they started to call our names one-by-one. I cheered when they called Steven's name which made him smile because he was looking at me. I smiled but, got confused when I saw something bulging from his pocket. 

My mind was in the gutter at first but, I shook it out of my head and just waited for my name to get called. It felt like an hour before my name got called but, when it did the principle had a look on his face like he knew something was going to happen.

The more I'm thinking about it the more paranoid I'm getting you can blame it on my past but, I'm starting to freak out here and Samantha must have noticed because when I sat down she gave my shoulder a squeeze and a reassuring smile. 

After they called the last student the principal looked at me and smiled before saying, "Steven Lockheart would like to make an announcement so could his sister Samantha and Xander Moody come to the stage. Samantha's smile grew and she pulled me up and all the way to the stage where I see an extremely nervous Steven looking at us.

When we got there we saw Steven get down on one knee and I covered my mouth as Samantha gave my hand a squeeze and let go walking to the side. "It first started with the little hurt boy named Alexander Hy. We had to part after I promised you that I was going to marry you because I loved you. Then you were tortured as I became cold-blooded and lost without you my dear sweet Alexander. Even after seeing you later on in life, for a year I treated you like trash because I thought you weren't my Alexander until one day you blew up at me and put me in check like how you used to keep me in check than was when I found out who you are. After seeing you keeping the promise bracelet as did I, I wanted to make it official to everyone," he said taking a box out of his pocket making me fall apart and cry.

"So will you do me the honor of officially being my fiance so I can be the happiest person on the planet. I promise to be there for you and to be forever in love with you,"He said before I cried out for the first time in complete happiness and genuine bliss "Yes!, Yes of course, you make me whole and not that broken boy I used to be, My Dear sweet Stevie," I cried out making everyone Awe. That was when for the first time other than when I blew up at Steven I grew and everyone was in shock as I kissed him with such hunger before I got dizzy and shrunk back down. 

Samantha ran over and steadied me before Steven gave me the ring, the most precious ring I have ever seen with the engraving of I love you inside of it.  

^^^The engagement ring that Steven gave to Xander^^^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: So Steven and Xander's Engagement is now official which means for the next chapter...I hope you like the chapter and heck even the book so far. Leave a vote or a comment if you wish to and also have an amazing day my Lovelies :)