Chapter 1

There a few things you should know about me so you can somewhat understand me  I came to the little town of Wallbach when I was 9 years old. I was taken under the wing of my fathers only sister and her husband.
     When I came there I had some issues I was still dealing with. Because of that I was angry all the time. I lashed out a lot because of it. So I had a pretty bad first impression.
     Even though that was five years ago I still don't fit in. Because once you leave an impression on people it stays. The citizens of Wallbach think people can't change.
     Well it doesn't matter what they think because I did. I got on some pills to control the anger. So people will be able to at least tolerate me. I went through some phases of change too.
     I remember in seventh grade I had the last phase. I wouldn't talk at all. Which isn't like me cause I like talking to people. But I kept quiet anyways. Hung out with the popular girls. I always acted like I was happy. Smiled all the time. People liked me when I went through this phase.
    I decided about two months later I was tired of pretending to be someone I wasn't. So I stopped pretending and went back to being myself.
     Everybody asked me what happened. Why I wasn't acting like my usual self. It was at that moment I realized I wasn't gonna care what people thought about me anymore. If I was only likable when I pretended to be someone I wasn't then I didn't want to be liked at all. I didn't want to spend the rest of my time in middle school and highschool with a facade for 40 hours a week.
     So like I said I stopped. I haven't fit in since then. But I didn't care. Because at least the friends I had liked me for who I am.
     I surprisingly started to fit in a little more my eighth grade year. I still wasn't with the in crowd. But they occasionally included me in their conversations. They also didn't treat me like complete garbage. So it got better. The only thing I wanted more was to be a highschooler. With more people in the same building as mw maybe I would have more than two friends.
      They say be careful what you wish for. I should have listened because they last thing I should have wanted was to be in highschool. Because I have been dreading it all summer. At least I have two weeks left of summer still.
      For once I am looking forward to something. My friend Lindsay invited me stay at her house and hang out with her at Bellwood Daze this weekend. I have been waiting by the window for a while now.
      I finally see Lindsay's grandma pull up in the driveway. I grab my bag out of my room and run out the door. Before I shut the door I run back inside.
"Bye Aunty." I yell.
"Bye Casey. Have fun." She hollers back.
I shut the door and run to Karen's red Honda.
"Hi Casey. Do you have all your things?"
"Sure do."
I hop on the care and buckel up. Karen backs out of the driveway as I stare out the window imagining the fun I'm gonna have with Lindsay this weekend.