Escape? Harder Than It Sounds

Dan's POV

I had to get out of here but...how? There was a guard outside my door, he was sleeping, did he have keys on him? Slowly, I got to my feet and made my way towards the door, there was a little window in the door that allowed them to keep an eye on me. So, I looked around the room for something long and solid that I could use to grab the keys with, however, all I found was a piece of the ceiling on the floor. But it was a pipe so it would have to do for now. I slowly slid the pipe through the window and as close to the man's belt as I could get. The pipe was so close to the keys, I got them! Slowly and carefully, I lifted the keys closer to the window so my fingers could grab them. I grabbed the keys and slowly unlocked my door. I carefully pushed the door open, the guard still asleep. I made my way up the stairs to the back door, however, all of the guards we in the backyard! Shit, so I made my way to the main floor, there it was! My phone, wallet as well as Phil's phone and wallet, but more importantly, the money the city gave them for our release! 

I grabbed the bag, stuffing Phil and my wallets and phones quietly into the bag. Suddenly, there was a noise from the other side of the room, I slowly peeked my head above the countertop and holy shit was I screwed. Across the room, on the couch was my main captor, I honestly don't know if he had a name but oh well, he was just ten feet from me, sleeping. I slid the bag under my left arm and slowly made my steady way towards the door. I was free...was this actually happening??? My bones ached, blood dried and cracked on my body, my eyesight blurry...NO I have to keep going, for Phil, for me, for us. I was probably far enough away that I could rest for a while, but will I wake up if I fall asleep? No I-I got-to keep...going... All I remember is falling to the ground in a back alley and like my hope, everything went black.