The Real Deal

As my "family" gets their stuff together, my mom, dad, and James take the bags out of the house and put them in the trunk of our car. They all just barely fit perfectly. My sister finally got mature and listened to my mom and got dressed, and my brother got into our car as soon as his bags were put in the trunk. After the bags were stowed away, my mom and dad walk through the 6 inches of snow and get into the front seats. My stepbrother and I get in the very back and my stepsister gets in the middle seat of our Jeep. My stepbrother leans over to me. "Do me a favor and don't talk to me this whole trip and I'll give you 20 dollars. Deal?" I nod, since I can't talk, and shake his hand that he stuck out. Then, I grab my phone and plug in some headphones to listen to my music. I look out the window and see the familiar twists and turns, and see trees in the distance. I went on these roads with my real father last year, before the divorce. Wish I was taking this trip with him again. It won't happen though. I get distracted, and I look back at my stepsister. She's asleep. And snoring too. I put the other headphone in, to block our the sound. I ended up falling asleep to the sound of the calm and quiet music I was listening to. Sleeping really made the trip go by faster. Maybe a little TOO fast.