The Funny Side of Things

Shizuo laughed...

The light voice lifting up the air around him, as his voice cracked slightly, turning from gentle chuckled into soft coughs to violent hacking. It itched at the back of his throat, choking, whooping till Shizuo was forced to lurch forward, as it forced its way back up and onto the carpet bellow. Blood.

Shizuo supposed he should've been the first one to act, but strangely enough he stayed there, bent over his own arm, watching as the thick red dribbled down his tongue, staining his cold lips. He let out another pained chuckle, watching in amusement. Funny. Only days earlier, he was able to break an entire city down while laughing, now he couldn't even breathe while managing a small chuckle. Had he truly become this weak?

He wondered if this is how his victims had felt. Men who'd been renowned world champions, the toughest of the thugs, all brung down by his fists. Had they felt this fear? This pain?

It was funny. So funny, that Shizuo let out another bark, and fell back onto the carpet, running a hand through his, and threw his head back. Shinra it seemed was trying to get him out of his daze, but he was in no daze. He wasn't scared..or pained. He was happy. So fucking happy.

"Hey hey..Shizuo, I know it can be upsetting, but trust me. We'll get it back. We'll find a way," Shinra flailed, but Shizuo simple shook his head, still whooping like a fool in love. "Hey, Shizuo, please. Snap out of it. Shizuo. SHIZUO!! It's going to be okay!! "

And that only made Shizuo want to laugh more. He wanted to party in joy, and shout it out from the rooftops so everyone could see this other side of him. He could finally live a little. To laugh a little. To dream. To rise, and finally feel.

Smiling sheepishly, he scratched the back of his head, and looked at the worried doctor, jumping around him, trying to find some mistake or problem to fix. It seemed that the raven was trying to console himself rather them Shizuo. Shizuo didn't mind that. It had a nice ring to it. He could, too, now be like Shinra. He could try to convince himself, rather than convince others that he was not going to hurt them. Because Shizuo couldn't hurt himself. He was too strong for that. His nerves too numb to feel the stab of his own wounds.

It was different now.

It was funnier. Happier. Better. He could finally feel. Feel . These bruises. The pain. Oh, it was marvelous. It wasn't that Shizuo had a certain liking to pain, only that this was one of the first things the insides of his flesh had felt in a long time. The last memory so distant, that it had become nothing more than a blurry dream. But now. Now. It was all coming back.

His eyes welled up with tears, as he looked at Shinra with a smile so bright, he believed it could light up the entire storm outside.

"Oh my god. S-Shizuo. I-it's going to be okay... okay? Tell me you know that," the doctor stuttered trying to keeping his own tears in. "P-please. Don't g-give up."

Shizuo shook his head again, his tears slipping out, just as easily as the blood from his mouth. Only blood was thicker, so it left a bitter tangy aftertaste. "No..Ha-H-ha. I-I'm not sad, Shinra. I-I'm not!"

The other only gave him a bewildered look. So Shizuo spoke again. This time, taking his time to first calm his tremors, and then grabbing one of the doctor's shaking hands with him own trembling ones. "I'm not sad . I'm.. .I'm happy! Shinra, I'm happy! I am so fucking happy, and it feels so fucking amazing." The last words spoken in a hushed whisper.

Shinra paused, face turning pale, and for a moment Shizuo got worried. Was Shinra not happy for him? Did Shinra really care about dissecting his super body instead of his happiness?