An Idea and the First Renter

The view of the small town was shown by the tram's window before your eyes. Your right hand was gripping the holding above you tightly, while your left hand was holding a bag of your handmade food. Your expression lightened up when you heard the driver said the next stop loudly, which was your destination. When the tram stopped, you walked down on the stop then walked along the street between the crowd of people.

Even though it was already in the 21st century, the town wasn't that advanced. People would mostly ride a bike or walk to reach their destinations. Some took public transportation such as the small town bus, tram and taxi. There were no malls or tall office buildings made from steel and glass. The buildings were all made from bricks and most people didn't paint their house.The scene of the town would convinced its viewer that its people were old-fashioned, unless if the viewer checked the townspeople activities inside those brick buildings. People have used technologies to help their activities like TV, play station, wii and advanced phones.

Although your town wasn't as advanced as the main city, you enjoyed living here.

You walked through the street then entered a small housing area happily since you have visited the house which was adressed several time. In fact, the person who lived in that house was a close friend of yours. Once you arrived at the front door of a house with number 4, you pressed the bell button which made an elegant bell ring. You could hear hurried steps from inside the house towards the main door, and then the door was opened for you.

You curved a big smile when you saw the person who had opened the door to you as he grinned as a respond. "Hey there, [Name]!" he greeted as he looked at the tote bag you brought with you. "That must be my order."

"Hey, Josuke, your pompadour looks great today!" you greeted as it followed by a complimade, colored a red tint on his cheeks. "Here's your food!" you said with a big smile as you gave Josuke the tote bag.

"Gureto daze!" he exclaimed his usual line as he received his bag of food happily. He looked at you with a bright expression as he said, "Thank you, [Name]! I can't wait to taste it!"

You gave him a chuckle as you responded, "You're welcome, Josuke!"

"Ah, [Name], my money is inside my room. I'll get it first.. and do come in!" he said as he turned to walk back inside his house.

You curved a smile as you shook your head, "No thanks... I'll just wait here."

Josuke turned before you with his eyebrows were furrowed. "Wait there? No, you'll wait inside," he stated as he gripped your wrist and pulled you inside. You felt a slight heat under your cheeks as both of you entered Josuke's room. Josuke's room was rather messy, just like many common rooms. His jacket was thrown untidied on his chair, his bed sheets were pulled to the right side and so was his blanket, his bag and his belongings were scattered on the tile floor.

"Wait here, I'll get my wallet," Josuke said as he approached his messy desk and took a dark purple wallet. He took a several dollars from it then gave them to you. "3 dollars 75 cents, am I right? No change."

"Yes, thank you, Josuke!" you said as you put them in your wallet. "Actually, Josuke..."

"What's the matter?" Josuke asked as you could see a slight of anxiety was shown on his face.

"Can I stay for a few hours? I don't have other orders recently, and I don't have much to do in the house," you stated as you look into Josuke's eyes. They were widened for a moment, then their owner gave you a bright smile.