Facing Quirrell and The End of The Year

Bella's POV:

The person on the other side of the door is not Snape like we expected. In fact, I would have never of guessed that it would be him. Harry rubs his scar as it begins to burn. "You." Harry says. Professor Quirrell faces us. I stand closer to Harry who puts himself a little in front of me.

"No, it can't be, Snape, he-" "He does seem the type, doesn't he. Next to him who would suspect p-p-po-or s-s-stuttering -pproffffessor Quirrell?" Quirrell asks. "But that day, during the Quidditch match, Snape tried to kill me." Harry says.

"No dear boy, I tried to kill you. And trust me, if Snape's cloak hadn't caught fire I would have succeeded. Even with Snape muttering his little counter curse." Quirrell growls. "Snape was trying to save me." Harry realizes.

"I knew you were a danger to me right from the off, especially after Halloween." He says. "Then you let the troll in." I say, stepping forward. His menacing eyes glint evilly as they stare at me. I don't back down though.

"Very good Taylor yes. Snape, unfortunately wasn't fooled. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again. He barely left me alone. But he doesn't understand." Quirrell says.

I see Harry rubbing his scar and I give him a questioning look, but he just shakes his head at me. "I'm never alone, never. Now, what does this mirror do?" Quirrell asks. He leans forward. "I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone, but how do I get it?" He yells angrily.

"Use the girl." An unknown voice says. "Come here Taylor, NOW!" Quirrell says. I don't move. When I don't I am suddenly being pulled away from Harry and put in front of the mirror. "Bella." Harry calls. "What do you see girl?" Quirrell asks me. I look.

I see an older version of myself and a man with black messy hair, and glasses with piecing emerald eyes. Harry. We're smiling and on my left hand is a wedding band. I can't say this out loud or he'll know I like him. "I see myself with my friends, laughing." I lie.

"She lies, but she does not see what we want, get rid of her." The voice says. "NO! Harry yells. He rushes forward, but he is too late, I am flung magically into a pillar and everything then goes black. I wake up in a comfy bed and to the sound of voices beside me.

"And Bella, how long until she wakes up?" I hear a familiar voice ask, Harry. "Now." I groan, opening my eyes and sitting up. "Bella, are you all right?" Harry asks. "I've been better." I chuckle. Only now do I notice Professor Dumbledore in front of Harry's bed.

"Ah, Bertie Bot's Every Flavor Beans. I was very unfortunate in my youth to come across a vomit flavored one. It was then, I'm afraid, that I lost my liking for them. But I do think, I can be safe with a nice toffee." Dumbledore says taking one out and eating it. "Alas, earwax." He says. I grin.

Dumbledore leaves and Harry turns to me. "Are you alright?" He asks again. "Yes, Harry, I'm fine." I say, smiling. He smiles back and hugs me. Madam Pomfrey comes a few minutes later with our uniforms and robes.

We quickly change and I pull my hair into a side pony before we leave the Hospital Wing. We walk through the Hogwarts halls looking for Hermione and Ron. We finally find them though. They are talking then they look down at us from where they are. "Alright there Ron?" Harry asks.

"Alright. You two?" He asks. "Alright." I say while Harry shrugs. "Hermione?" I ask. "Never better." She says. We then all walk together to the Great Hall for the end of year feast. Slytherin is in the lead so there are Slytherin banners and decorations everywhere.

We are talking to each other when McGonagall taps on her glass to get everyone's attention. Dumbledore stands up. "Another year gone, and now, as I understand it, they House Cup needs awarding. And the points stand thus." Dumbledore says. I sigh, knowing we're in last place.

"In 4th place Gryffindor with 262 points. In 3rd place, Hufflepuff with 352 points. In 2nd place Ravenclaw with 426 points. And in 1st place with 472 points, Slytherin house." Dumbledore says. Slytherin erupts into cheers.

"Yes, yes, well done Slytherin, well done. But however, recent events must be taken into account, and I have a few last minute points to award." Dumbledore says. Everyone looks between the each other. I look at my friends.

"To Miss Hermione Granger, for the cool use of intellect when others were in grave peril, fifty points." He says. Everyone cheers for her. " to Mr. Ronald Weasley, for the best played game of chess, Hogwarts has seen these many years. Fifty points." He says. Everyone cheers again.

"Third, to Miss Arabella Taylor, for for standing by friends even in the midst of danger, fifty points." He says. Everyone cheers for me and smile. "And fourth, to Mr. Harry Potter, for pure nerve and outstanding courage. I award Gryffindor House sixty points." Dumbledore says.

"We're tied with Slytherin." I say, happily. "And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies, but it takes even more to stand up to your friends. I award 10 points to Neville Longbottom." Dumbledore says. We all cheer. We won the House Cup! 

"Now, if my calculations are correct it appears a change of decoration is in order." Dumbledore says, clapping his hands. The Slytherin colors change to those of Gryffindor. "Gryffindor wins the House Cup." He says. We all cheer, even Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw. 

We all jump out of our seats and throw our hats in the air. I hug first Hermione, then Ron, and finally Harry. I hope this feeling never ends. It's too amazing. The next morning we are put on a train heading for home. I honestly don't want to go back. 

The ride seems shorter than normal and we soon arrive in London. While standing on the platform Hermione and Ron's parents are already here. Mr. and Mrs. Granger said my parents were on their way though. I stand by Harry. "This was an amazing year Harry." I say. 

"It was. I finally found a home." He says, smiling at me. I nod. I then see my parents. "Do you want me to wait with you?" I ask. "No, go on." He says, pulling me in for one last hug. "Please, don't forget to write." I say. "I won't. You don't forget either." He says. 

I nod and release the hug, running over to my parents. "Ready to go home darling?" Mum asks me. "For now." Because yes I was going to my parent's home, but I wasn't going to my friend's home, that's where I now belong, with my new friends and my oldest friend. 

I'll be back though, next year. And next year we will see a whole new adventure. All I hope is that there is never a dull moment at Hogwarts. And from a feeling I have, I know there never will be.