Two

The unfriendly attention from the students proved to be only temporary and when I entered the cafeteria I was nearly long forgotten. Eunwoo seemed to be the only one excited with my presence. He handed me a tray of food, still wearing his sweet smile and sparkly eyes. The cafeteria was filled with chatter and laughs and voices, the noise making me incredibly uncomfortable. Eunwoo and I found seats at an empty table. I picked at my food, not interested nor hungry. Meanwhile Eunwoo was stuffing his face happily and I was envious of his big appetite. I was already thin as it was, yet I was rarely hungry.

Ignoring my food, I looked up and scanned the room, looking for Jangmin. He still hadn't returned from the bathrooms and it was making me anxious. Had he run away? Was he in trouble?

"Soohyun! Didn't you hear me?" Eunwoo's voice made me look down in surprise, seeing that two students had sat at the table. The girl had long straight black hair that fell past her waist. I recognized her as Jangmin's deskmate. The guy, a tall dude dressed in a pink sweater; looked very childish and cheery with fluffy hair and big eyes. I gave them both a nod.

"Hello."

"In case you didn't hear me Soohyun, these are my closest friends. Sanha and Baeksoon."

"Hello! I hear you're new to public school. Have you really been home schooled your entire life?" The guy named Sanha leaned forward, looking scarily intimidating. I blinked and pulled away,

"Yes.."

"Stop scaring her Sanha" Baeksoon tugged her friend back by the arm. He sat back and gave her a pouty face,

"What? It's just a question."

"Do.. do you guys know where Jangmin is?" I spoke up suddenly, gaining attention from all three students. Eunwoo dropped his chopsticks and looked around suddenly,

"That's true. He disapeared."

"Oh you mean your boyfriend?" Baeksoon asked, and my eyes widened at her question.

"He's not my boyfriend, he's my twin brother."

"Twin brother?! Awesome." Sanha's eyes were sparkling. I looked back at Eunwoo who was wearing a thoughtful expression.

"You don't think he decided to run away, do you?" His eyes flicked back to me and I blinked as they met mine, startling me for a split second.

"um.. uh.. I don't think so. I don't think he'd run anywhere without taking me."

As if he knew we were talking about him, Jangmin walked through the doors of the cafeteria, grabbing a tray and heading towards our table. I was shocked at the state he was in. A bruise on his cheek, blood pooling around his bottom lip.

"Oh my gosh! What happened to you??" Baeksoon covered her mouth with a hand. I quickly pulled out a chair for my brother and tried to read his face. Had he gotten into a fight? Did he fall? His expression told me nothing and he only proceeded to eat his food, not saying a word. Sanha, Baeksoon, and Eunwoo were speechless, each one looking equally surprised at the scene. I turned back to my own food; the light and happy feeling gone. I wanted to ask Jangmin what was wrong, what happened, and how he was feeling. Yet ever since the incident we hadn't been able to talk freely like we used to. It was heartbreaking, the further we drifted from each other.

At least he's eating something...

A moment passed in awkward silence.

"Well I heard you guys moved from Seoul, what's it like there?" Baeksoon did her best to start a conversation but to hear her speak about the move from Seoul only made me more anxious.