Chptr 3: Going Down

He felt frozen in an ice cube like an iceicille caveman, being viewed as an idiot in the modern world. It didn't help when the ominous figure was the doctor he was looking for. That unnaturally relaxed grin plastered on the hundred-twenty three year old man unsettled Shawn already. Normally when he got a look like that it was because the other had planned to hurt him. Not much different from the bullies in his uncomforting childhood experience.

Shawn tried to act brave, unlike back then, and ask the question he intended to find answers to; however, his lips didn't move as his body turned into stone of fear upon looking into those vibrant green eyes. In a funny (yet serious) childish manner, Shawn wished he brought a mirror so he wouldn't become a statue by 'Medusa'.

"I see that a cat got your tongue, maybe I should co,E back at a later time then."

Back turned to face the Shawn statue, it gave him the courage to need to say something, to move. Ignoring the books scattered along the floor, he sprinted to the doctor with an arm extended out.

"Wait!"

Movement halted in its place as both men stood still. Shawn's footing wasn't in the best places as he stood on top of N unstable part of the pile of books. Yet Shawn wouldn't dare move as if it would scare of Dr. Lawrence.

The man's back was still facing him as casual clothes of wiped jeans, cowboy boots, and black cowboy hat were visable along with the unnecessary black leather trench coat. Something about the man seemed familiar (in a deja-vu sense) as goose bumps infected his skin. He felt so enclosed and trapped as he began to count down inside his head before he spoke.

"Why are you following me?"

A heavey sigh escaped the ancient man's lip's, forcing Shawn to twitch in response. With all the time in the world, Dr. Lawrence shoulder's tensed up as his footing seemed out of place. Slowly revealing his front side of unreadable emotions, a smile was nowhere to be seen.

"So you noticed me. Guess I'm not as good as I thought." holding his right hand out he continued to speak. "The name is Law-."

"I know who you are! Now answer the question!" Shawn shouted with his patience drained from years of waiting.

Relief his hand into a pocket in his trench-coat , Dr. Lawrence had a faint grin reveal from his lip's. His knees locked his legs in place as his body fought the urge to swat side to side. Eyes facing the ground, Shawn realized that Chacre was fighting his instincts to flee.

"I hear you have a certain problem at Balboa Hospital."

Fist clench tight, Shawn stared down at the old geezer. This wouldn't be the first time a doctor with the greed for fame came crawling to him to cure sweet Alex, daughter of the President of Mexico, from her dreadful coma. In the end it was the same on going speech that Shawn was the reasoning they couldn't find a way to wake up the girl that was the answer for world wide recognition. They would even complain about not finding the cure for cancer sooner than the one who found it in a exotic Brazilian honey. The real mystery was if the man was the same as all the others or was forced by a rich authority to do the dirty work.

"What concern is it to you, Dr. Lawrence?"

The old man's eyes faced the cursed charm as the grin he had vanished. The air felt thick as the atmosphere began to weigh down on both of them.

"Does it really matter?"

"Yes it does."

Sound was eradicated as the overflowing of nothingness to its course. Destiny and fate was irrelevant as time seemed to slowdown.