Chapter 10

Sophia's POV

The room was silent as they waited. The anger in my stomach was building at a rapid pace. That man is now a threat to my dog, to my Tank. I'd have to be killed before I'd allow someone to harm my Tank. 

"I think all of you should go back to my office, now." Gale finally spoke up. His voice was angry, irritated. He's probably mad at me for threatening someone, great. It's always my fault.

"Why? Shouldn't we handle this the way we usually do?" The man growled at Gale, earning a deadly glare from him. That was look I hate. It was scary, almost primal. Something that could stop a man in their tracks. Greyson moved closer to me, setting his cup down. Parker set his cup on the counter, getting ready for something. Derek stood by Luke, not wanting to be in the middle. 

"Not happening." Sticks snapped angrily. "Not in front of Miss Sophia." He was visibly angry, he doesn't even know me. Way to help a homie out, Sticks. The room just got so hostile. You can feel the intensity of the hatred in this room. I don't want Gale to get hurt again, not because of me...

Growling internally, I got off the counter. All men ignored me as Gale and the man spoke some language like before. I covered the bowl with clingfilm before setting my spoon in the sink. Derek was watching me, Tank kept his eyes on me. I ignored the scene as I opened the fridge, setting the bowl inside on a shelf. When I leaned against the closed door, I watched the man arguing with Gale very passionately. Gale seemed to be holding back, not wanting me to see what he's capable of doing. If you don't do it daddy, I will.

"She's corrupting you, Steele. We all see it, we've all been watching since day one." The man growled angrily. "Get rid of her, she's causing too many issues. It wasn't like people would break into your home for just any reason. They knew she was in the house, they knew what room was hers. She's making your judgement clouded." He was glaring at Gale, breathing heavily. Gale stood there with his hands in his pockets as he stared at the man with a void expression. That's possible more scary than his angry face. 

Tank was standing between Gale and I, waiting to see how this played out. He seems to like Gale a lot, I wonder how he has a good relationship with Gale. Shaking my head, I went to leave the room. I figure, I should leave the room so Gale can do what he needs to without me seeing or knowing. He's really mad, he isn't showing any emotions. He's completely robotic. 

"Stay where you are, Sophia." Gale's voice was void entirely too. My body stopped moving immediately. My heart rate increased, is he going to hurt me in front of them?