Chapter 6

Sophia's POV

Tank's movement woke me up. He had moved his head from my leg, making me inspect what he was looking at. Derek looked sleepy as he walked in.

"Hey," His voice was groggy. "time to wake up, Princess." He looked at me with a tired smile. 

"Do I have to wear something specific?" I asked and he shook his head 'no'. 

"I always go in shorts and a short sleeve. You can go in whatever you want, not PJ's though." He said knowingly. I chuckled and nodded. He walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Soon enough, Tank and I were ready for the day. We made our way downstairs to the kitchen. I let Tank out after I set our items on the floor by the island counter. When we went back inside, Luke spoke.

"Excited for your first day of college?" He sipped coffee - I presume, as he leaned against the counter. Derek sat down and started to eat cereal, waiting for me to make something.

"Sure." I shrugged as I made myself cereal too. Derek and I ate in silence, still waking up. Tank ate along with us, making me smile at him.

"Okay, here." Gale's voice interrupted my thoughts, making me look up to him. He set a phone down in front of me smiling gently. "It's for safety purposes." He nodded. "Our numbers are all in there, you should be set. You can give your number to the teachers only, if they ask." I nodded at him, looking at the shiny new phone.

"Thank you." He kissed my head, then set snacks in front of me. 

"Just in case you want food during class." He said gently as he made himself coffee. "You are allowed to grab food from the cafeteria during your breaks." He said as he finished, turning to me.

"Okay." I finished the cereal and packed the food away in the bag.

"We have twenty minutes before we have to leave." Derek said as he looked at his watch.

"I know. I checked." I mumbled as I cleaned up after Tank and myself. 

"Text us if something happens or if you're bored." Gale said gently, he was like an overbearing mom.

"Not during class, either." Derek said pointing at me. I smiled at him as I laid with Tank on the floor. He seemed to be excited to go for a ride and walk. Nerves ate away at me inside, I haven't been to school in years. I graduated high school when I was basically twelve and have sat around for four years.