Prologue Part 2: November 1, 1981

2:00 AM EST U.S.A.Charles had fallen asleep at least an hour ago while grading his students' English papers on the most recent book they had read. His head had dropped onto the desk, and his deep breaths were barely an echo in the study, the rise and fall from his shoulders the only thing that showed the man hadn't died in his sleep.

Outside of the mansion, a man with a long silvery beard and hair appeared in the driveway. His blue eyes glinted behind a pair of half-moon glasses that were perched at the end of his long crooked nose. His clothes weren't the strangest thing the school had seen, but the robes and heeled boots would have turned some heads if he had appeared in broad daylight. The old man looked up at the mansion, and stepping forward, he checked the sign next to the large front doors just to be sure that he was in the right place. See that he was, he nodded and looked down at the little bundle of cloth that he held in his arms.

 A small baby girl lay asleep and wrapped in a golden blanket and clutching in one hand a minute teddy only a little smaller than she was that was covered in the blanket with her. A jagged lightning bolt scar ran from the corner of the baby girl's right eye to her hairline. Careful not to disturb the infant, the elderly man placed her down on the top front step and reached inside his robes, pulling out an envelope sealed in red wax but marked with a crest.

"Good-luck, Alexandria," Albus Dumbledore said quietly. Gently placing the letter on top of the bundle, he reached out and pressed the doorbell twice before turning on the spot and disappearing.

The doorbell's sound awoke Charles with a start causing the man to be disorientated for a moment before he began moving towards his study door. Glancing at the clock against the wall beside the door, he was surprised at the time.

"If Scott ordered another late-night pizza again," Charles growled out in frustration as he wheeled himself towards the door. The sound of the doorbell being pressed a second time didn't appeal to the man's kinder nature.

"I'm coming! Just give me a moment!" Pressing a button on his chair, the doors to his study swung open. As he emerged, he caught sight of Hank making his way downstairs with blurry eyes and clad in his pajamas and a bathrobe.

"Did Scott order another late-night pizza again?"

For the first time that evening, it occurred to Charles that he hadn't checked to see who it was but had merely assumed.

"I haven't checked, but whoever it is, they appear to be in a hurry."Charles reached up and pressed his index and middle finger to his temple while looking towards the door. As his mind searched, his eyes went wide, "Hank, get the door, now."

Hearing the urgency in Charles' voice, Hank quickly moved across the foyer with Charles right behind him. Pulling open the door, Hank was confused until a cry filled the air. Both men looked down and saw a baby girl wrapped in a golden blanket with a letter on top.

"Why would someone leave a baby here?" Hank questioned as he picked up the child carefully. Her cries decreased as Hank passed her to Charles. He looked down at a pair of hazel eyes that held curiosity and trust. As he adjusted her to fit more comfortably in his arms, he noticed a jagged lightning scar that ran from the corner of her right eye to her hairline.

"Because...she's like us."